Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warranty directs reliability chart.  (Read 735 times)

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
Warranty directs reliability chart.
« on: 16 April 2015, 15:55:25 »

Was reading a web article saying Bentley and Porsche where the most unreliable makes, and that Honda where most reliable, mostly thanks to the Jazz.

But the article didn't give a complete list. So a visit to the WD site reveals the top 100 list.

http://www.reliabilityindex.com/top-100

No sign of the omega you notice. ;D you've got to go down to 126 to see that. Not too bad. :)

Notable models for me are the Lexus IS range at 69. Which includes the less reliable 2.0. So making the much more reliable 3.0 much better than the list implies.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
Re: Warranty directs reliability chart.
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2015, 16:41:00 »

Ignition control unit of 2.2 petrol engine is prone to burning out.

First i heard of that  ???
Omegatitis

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2015, 16:47:44 »

These are after market warranty claims remember. Not necessarily based on any form of reality.

driver115

• caistor lincolnshire
    • 3.2MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2015, 07:09:32 »

I guess we all tend to PAYG and self insure with repairs and replacements with older cars and most new/nearly new cars can now come with 5/7 warranties/balance remaining.Useful information as part of the research process when considering a new purchase, but none the less a marketing tool used by warranty direct to sell their products to the less well informed which I suppose comprises a fair sized chunk of buyers  ?

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2015, 09:39:41 »

Yes, Omega owners have access to the info here. Much more reliable than the guess work of a back street garage mechanic as it's factual and based on experiences of owners. Both on what and what not to do.

How many time do we see owners with miss diagnosed v6 head gaskets and crank sensors posting on here asking for further advice...? Those would be warranty claims in the world of aftermarket warranties. Either by error or inflated priced work. Change the hbv and claim for a head gasket. Plus the used car dealer who sold the car would see an income from it as most buyers would likely return the car from where they purchased it.

But when it comes to used cars, what other info is there? Forums yes, but not likely to be backed up by a data base of faults.

So I'd suspect the number of claims might be more accurate than the descriptions of those claims. Something wrong, but not necessarily the correct thing got fixed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.