Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loss of Power - Limp Home Mode?  (Read 916 times)

malandjo

• Cheshire
    • View Profile
Loss of Power - Limp Home Mode?
« on: 27 August 2015, 18:43:42 »

I have a 2002,  2.2DTi and on two occasions , both whilst towing caravan, for no apparent reason the ignition warning light comes on and power drops significantly, but doesn't cut out engine. First time I called out Green Flag and they couldn't find any problem , the car restarted and away we went. Last week on the M6, it happened again and I pulled over, turned off engine, and restarted and no probs since. Apart from this, the car is running superbly well, but the worry when towing is the drop in power. One advice was turbo switch? Any help would calm our nerves when towing and waiting for it to happen again. My local garage can't find anything.

Impact Pete

• Intermediate Member
  • Derby
    • Elite V6 2.6 estate
    • View Profile
    • Custom Flightcase manufacture
Re: Loss of Power - Limp Home Mode?
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2015, 19:06:45 »

I have a 2002,  2.2DTi and on two occasions , both whilst towing caravan, for no apparent reason the ignition warning light comes on and power drops significantly, but doesn't cut out engine. First time I called out Green Flag and they couldn't find any problem , the car restarted and away we went. Last week on the M6, it happened again and I pulled over, turned off engine, and restarted and no probs since. Apart from this, the car is running superbly well, but the worry when towing is the drop in power. One advice was turbo switch? Any help would calm our nerves when towing and waiting for it to happen again. My local garage can't find anything.

is it an auto box?
www.impactcls.co.uk - Flight Case Manufacture

malandjo

• Cheshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2015, 19:09:48 »

No, just standard manual. I have noticed some older posts with similar problems but seemingly too technical replies for me.

T.m.f

• 4wd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2015, 20:04:05 »

Did rev counter still work when it went into limp mode?
1996 300tdi manual discovery,the weekend mud toy and tin tent tower

The devil child ,aka mk2 2006 1.6 tdci focus

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2015, 21:37:38 »

If on both occasions the fault appeared when towing the pikey house, stop towing it, two problems sorted at once. :y  ;D  :D
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.