Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are the chances...  (Read 1748 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
What are the chances...
« on: 14 October 2015, 17:11:36 »

Those of you who saw the pictures of Wycombe meet, may have noticed the closeness of my 2.5 Estate registration to Radar's Saloon.
It turns out both cars were first registered at Victory Vauxhall, Portsmouth. the registration numbers are 40 apart......498 and 538. Radar's went to Hayling Island, I believe, whilst mine went to Waterlooville.
After 15 years, the chances of both cars being on the road, still residing only a few miles apart, and going to the same meeting, must be slim. Especially when you think of how many have gone to the graveyard.

Just a piece of OOF trivia :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

STEMO

Re: What are the chances...
« Reply #1 on: 14 October 2015, 17:14:53 »

756,247:1.  :y

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 October 2015, 17:16:54 »

Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 October 2015, 17:32:22 »

There was a Randall and Hopkirk episode where the Police come calling asking him if 'this (Vauxhall Victor RXD 996F) is your registration' as that car had been seen in connection with a robbery or similar. Slight snag is that though the two cars were of similar reg, the robbers' Vauxhall had a bleedin obvious black vinyl roof, which even a drunk Stevie Wonder couldn't miss as being clearly a different car.

Anyway, moral of the story, don't do a robbery. Or if you do, then it may be confused with Radar's Omega. In which case, most jeweller's round here close up at 4.30...  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 October 2015, 20:15:48 »

Go on, have a go at the lottery, you never know. :P

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 October 2015, 07:14:36 »

There was a Randall and Hopkirk episode where the Police come calling asking him if 'this (Vauxhall Victor RXD 996F) is your registration' as that car had been seen in connection with a robbery or similar. Slight snag is that though the two cars were of similar reg, the robbers' Vauxhall had a bleedin obvious black vinyl roof, which even a drunk Stevie Wonder couldn't miss as being clearly a different car.

Anyway, moral of the story, don't do a robbery. Or if you do, then it may be confused with Radar's Omega. In which case, most jeweller's round here close up at 4.30...  :y

;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 October 2015, 10:08:14 »

My car was purchased by me from a dealer about 80 miles away. But here's the thing...

It was registered as a demo/directors car at my local dealership. One of my friends went in wanting the exact car in late 2003 but 2 days earlier it had been reserved by another dealership up north (national used car network sale) and went off up there.

I went to see said friend in it after getting it and he told me about his plan to buy it. He has a 3.2 signum instead but still lusts after the Omega!
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.