Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 new tyres on the Merc. & shopping with SWMBO.  (Read 1471 times)

2boxerdogs

2 new tyres on the Merc. & shopping with SWMBO.
« on: 05 January 2016, 12:30:03 »

Had a good win playing cards at the weekend, favourite restaurant booked for Saturday evening, thought rather than fritter the rest of it away I'd get something to show for it, the front tyres on the Merc are virtually new Continentals contisport 5  the rear contisport 3 down to 4mm as I usually change them at 3mm anyway I decided to put a pair on .The 2.6 always had Michelin Primacy last time I had 2 of them the cost was £331.29 so expected the Merc to be a bit more being bigger at  235/17s ,pleasant surprise at £231.62 all in , so enough left for a new bit of clobber as well having lost 3 stone at weight watchers wifey says my present attire looks a bit on the large size now, new image for the new year eh fellas !!
« Last Edit: 05 January 2016, 12:32:00 by Tilbo »

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: 2 new tyres on the Merc. & shopping with SWMBO.
« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2016, 16:15:21 »

Had a good win playing cards at the weekend, favourite restaurant booked for Saturday evening, thought rather than fritter the rest of it away I'd get something to show for it, the front tyres on the Merc are virtually new Continentals contisport 5  the rear contisport 3 down to 4mm as I usually change them at 3mm anyway I decided to put a pair on .The 2.6 always had Michelin Primacy last time I had 2 of them the cost was £331.29 so expected the Merc to be a bit more being bigger at  235/17s ,pleasant surprise at £231.62 all in , so enough left for a new bit of clobber as well having lost 3 stone at weight watchers wifey says my present attire looks a bit on the large size now, new image for the new year eh fellas !!
Two tyres, and a night out and new clothes,
You playing with the sultan of Brunei,
Hoof'land storeman.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2016, 16:25:19 »

Two tyres, and a night out and new clothes,
You playing with the sultan of Brunei,

Usually have a few games around Xmas, up to now I have always lost just lucky this time a few drinks & we all got carried away ended up almost £600 up, when the wife retires in a couple of years & gets her lump sum we have promised ourselves a trip to Vegas , we both enjoy gambling but are strict with limits to avoid any problems, a few years back a colleague at work ended his trip to Vegas £16000 up ..
« Last Edit: 05 January 2016, 16:33:06 by Tilbo »

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2016, 18:20:04 »

Play poker tilbo? I've been playing again recently. Strictly only with a few quid though so I don't lose lots
RIP Paul Lovejoy

2boxerdogs

« Reply #4 on: 05 January 2016, 18:33:39 »

Play poker tilbo? I've been playing again recently. Strictly only with a few quid though so I don't lose lots

That's the name of the game !!

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 January 2016, 19:46:21 »

Its a great game but really frustrating. Especially when you hold quad 8's and opponent holds quad kings lol and that has happened ! Lol
RIP Paul Lovejoy

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 05 January 2016, 20:02:03 »

Two tyres? £231 is enough for an omega with 12 months MOT.  ;D

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 January 2016, 22:14:05 »

Not forgetting the 12 months TAX that would have come with also (back in the day when it came with cars...)  ...Where's that time machine at these days ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #8 on: 06 January 2016, 09:29:50 »

Not forgetting the 12 months TAX that would have come with also (back in the day when it came with cars...)  ...Where's that time machine at these days ;D

A time machine, wouldn't that be great go back & know what you know now grasp al those missed opportunities !!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 January 2016, 10:59:08 »

A time machine, wouldn't that be great go back & know what you know now grasp al those missed opportunities !!

Karen Mullen. In 1981 I so wanted to bend her over the table and........

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 06 January 2016, 11:37:32 »

Karen Mullen. In 1981 I so wanted to bend her over the table and........
Don't tell Mrs Opti or you'll be shopping for something electrical at the weekend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.