Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What's my 3.0 manual elite worth?  (Read 7468 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: What's my 3.0 manual elite worth?
« Reply #45 on: 24 November 2016, 17:32:50 »

Nope. Buy the nicest manual and go from there...

Instrument cluster takes a minute to swap... literally. Ok you might have to move a couple of pins on the engine to body plugs to get it working.

Starting with an auto is harder as they have two ecus and bodging the wiring can cause chaos.

I must admit that I find it irksome when people say what their ideal Omega is and don't accept that they cannot simply buy them ready to go... suggests either a lack of imagination, vision or drive imho :-\

Looking at ebay.de, €6,000 would buy you a very nice, loaded 3.2... perhaps a better prospect given that clean original and unmolested cars are going to appreciate far sooner...

Onanists always think outside the box.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24 November 2016, 20:36:01 »

Nope. Buy the nicest manual and go from there...

Instrument cluster takes a minute to swap... literally. Ok you might have to move a couple of pins on the engine to body plugs to get it working.

Starting with an auto is harder as they have two ecus and bodging the wiring can cause chaos.

I must admit that I find it irksome when people say what their ideal Omega is and don't accept that they cannot simply buy them ready to go... suggests either a lack of imagination, vision or drive imho :-\

Looking at ebay.de, €6,000 would buy you a very nice, loaded 3.2... perhaps a better prospect given that clean original and unmolested cars are going to appreciate far sooner...

I understand what you are saying. But I'm not desperate yet. I haven't been looking for that long. Maybe after 6 months in I will start considering all the other more laborious ways. ;)

I want the full leather interior of the MV6 and swapping a full interior will be hard, let alone finding one to swap in.

So the way I see it it's only a 3.0 MV6 for now.

A 3.2 will be a FL car and automatic. This means not only swapping gearbox but also swapping hood, bumpers, headlights, tail lights, rear quarters, well you know. I would have to keep it as a FL. I will only do that for a mint condition car, very low mileage and which ticks all boxes all for a great price.

I didn't realize the manual gearbox transplant was that complicated, since many people have recommended that here.
« Last Edit: 24 November 2016, 20:38:39 by anV6 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 24 November 2016, 21:21:18 »

It isn't,  but there are a lot of parts beyond the gearbox that you need... if you're considering a gearbox swap it is best done with a complete donor car to hand...

Conversely, to convert a manual 2.5/2.6 to the 3.0/3.2 you only need the engine and ecu*... it's literally plug and play, even the looms are the same. And actually the 2.5/2.6 ecus will run the larger engine perfectly happily.

*Ecu in this context means the engine ecu, immobiliser ring and key chip (plus the car pass in an ideal world).

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 25 November 2016, 00:10:42 »

It isn't,  but there are a lot of parts beyond the gearbox that you need... if you're considering a gearbox swap it is best done with a complete donor car to hand...

Conversely, to convert a manual 2.5/2.6 to the 3.0/3.2 you only need the engine and ecu*... it's literally plug and play, even the looms are the same. And actually the 2.5/2.6 ecus will run the larger engine perfectly happily.

*Ecu in this context means the engine ecu, immobiliser ring and key chip (plus the car pass in an ideal world).

Main problem with the motor is I have no chance of finding one local. It will have to be shipped. So probably can check it before, and I will have to pay expensive shipping. Then I have no way of doing it myself. This means more money for labor.

Then I don't believe the 2.5 was ever available with the leather interior. Swapping one in is hard, probably not cheap and most likely as hard to find as finding a running MV6.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 25 November 2016, 20:01:52 »

Main problem with the motor is I have no chance of finding one local. It will have to be shipped. So probably can check it before, and I will have to pay expensive shipping. Then I have no way of doing it myself. This means more money for labor.

Then I don't believe the 2.5 was ever available with the leather interior. Swapping one in is hard, probably not cheap and most likely as hard to find as finding a running MV6.
With that attitude you're bollaxed... (And I make no apologies for my lack of vision/imagination observation I made previously...), your approach to this so called 'search' epitomises my point to a tee.

It's only 8 bolts to change the front seats and six to change the rears. And leather was optional across the range, albeit at a price. Euroland actually has a better choice of leather colours than here .

If you're not doing the work yourself, then buy this car and forget about your wishlist...

Estate: http://m.ebay.de/itm/Opel-Omega-Caravan-3-2-V6-Exec-Leder-Navi-el-SD-/351903863263?nav=SEARCH

Saloon: http://m.ebay.de/itm/Opel-Omega-3-2-V6-Executive-1-Hd-Leder-BOSE-Navi-Xeno-/351912197004?nav=SEARCH

And actually scratch that, buy this 2.5 manual and fit leather and a 3.0 lump...http://m.ebay.de/itm/Opel-Omega-B-Modell-2-5V6-Typ-Limousine-Kilometerstand-189-000-Km-Bj-1999-/351914366226?nav=SEARCH

That's about as constructive as I am prepared to be.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Hoof'land storeman.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 26 November 2016, 13:47:30 »

With that attitude you're bollaxed... (And I make no apologies for my lack of vision/imagination observation I made previously...), your approach to this so called 'search' epitomises my point to a tee.

It's only 8 bolts to change the front seats and six to change the rears. And leather was optional across the range, albeit at a price. Euroland actually has a better choice of leather colours than here .

If you're not doing the work yourself, then buy this car and forget about your wishlist...

Estate: http://m.ebay.de/itm/Opel-Omega-Caravan-3-2-V6-Exec-Leder-Navi-el-SD-/351903863263?nav=SEARCH

Saloon: http://m.ebay.de/itm/Opel-Omega-3-2-V6-Executive-1-Hd-Leder-BOSE-Navi-Xeno-/351912197004?nav=SEARCH

And actually scratch that, buy this 2.5 manual and fit leather and a 3.0 lump...http://m.ebay.de/itm/Opel-Omega-B-Modell-2-5V6-Typ-Limousine-Kilometerstand-189-000-Km-Bj-1999-/351914366226?nav=SEARCH

That's about as constructive as I am prepared to be.

Thanks. But as I said I'm not prepared to go this way yet. I had seen the 7 thousand quid car before. Wouldn't pay that for something that doesn't tick all the boxes.

I'm not in a hurry. We have 2 other cars. I will wait til the right car comes around. I'm sure it will. ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.