Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just been thretend what would you do.  (Read 7682 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Just been thretend what would you do.
« Reply #30 on: 28 October 2016, 13:37:47 »

I can relate to this incident, many years ago I was sitting in my car waiting to collect my 2 kids from school , I was parked quite legally not blocking any dropped kerbs or entrances, a man came out of his house & demanded I move my car as his son was due home, I refused & pointed to my tax disc which as far as I was concerned gave me the right to use & park my vehicle wherever it was legal to do so people don't  own the road outside their property so I'm afraid that you should remember that in future
I agree mate but,but using a hammer is threading behaver,Dean.

Yes, but how would you like it if you were in your 70s and some bullying rsol came along and verbally abused you.  Thats also threatening behaviour mate, and I suggest you wind it in and get on an Anger Management course.  Bet you would have kept your mouth shut if there were two big younger guys in the other car.  Nobody likes a bully!
I understand you are now worried about the guy with the hammer - poetic justice, serves you right.  He probably only picked the hammer up due to your threatening attitude towards his visitors.

Without commenting on the topic itself - dbug, have you been drinking? I have never seen you so confrontational before  ;D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 October 2016, 13:40:19 »

Not if the wound is still open, Sir Tigger, and his successors are continuing the rip-off!
STEMO, after they have launched several squadrons of pigs we might get all monies returned to the purpose collected for, but those proposed changes won'n increase inflation at all, will they?

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 October 2016, 14:45:31 »

I would give it a couple of days, and go and apologise... at the end of the day, you were out of order in your original confrontation... escalating to a hammer was, whilst not something a reasonable person might anticipate, clearly an effective end to the matter...
Onanists always think outside the box.

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 October 2016, 15:41:35 »

I would give it a couple of days, and go and apologise... at the end of the day, you were out of order in your original confrontation... escalating to a hammer was, whilst not something a reasonable person might anticipate, clearly an effective end to the matter...
I think that is what i will do.

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 28 October 2016, 15:46:16 »

I can relate to this incident, many years ago I was sitting in my car waiting to collect my 2 kids from school , I was parked quite legally not blocking any dropped kerbs or entrances, a man came out of his house & demanded I move my car as his son was due home, I refused & pointed to my tax disc which as far as I was concerned gave me the right to use & park my vehicle wherever it was legal to do so people don't  own the road outside their property so I'm afraid that you should remember that in future
I agree mate but,but using a hammer is threading behaver,Dean.

Yes, but how would you like it if you were in your 70s and some bullying rsol came along and verbally abused you.  Thats also threatening behaviour mate, and I suggest you wind it in and get on an Anger Management course.  Bet you would have kept your mouth shut if there were two big younger guys in the other car.  Nobody likes a bully!
I understand you are now worried about the guy with the hammer - poetic justice, serves you right.  He probably only picked the hammer up due to your threatening attitude towards his visitors.

Without commenting on the topic itself - dbug, have you been drinking? I have never seen you so confrontational before  ;D
Not since Gixer left, anyway.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 October 2016, 18:09:40 »

Quote from: YZ250 link=topic=13date=1477595773
Does beg the question why someone keeps a hammer by the front door though.  :-\

Might have been mending the door.
Might have been expecting the usual snotty nosed little darling Trick or Treaters round.

Hmmm, maybe now is a great time to get a chainsaw :)
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 October 2016, 20:48:01 »

Everyone who pays tax contributes to the roads whether you own a car or not.  There are cars which don't pay VED.  Their upkeep.is paid through general taxation, like it or lump it thats the way it is.

VED(or whatever it was originally called) was NEVER just used for the roads. Government accounting just doesn't work like that; they spend whatever money they have/borrowed wherever it needs to go. The government at the time simply saw the increasing number of cars on the roads as another source of revenue.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28 October 2016, 22:49:08 »

Quote from: YZ250 link=topic=13date=1477595773
Does beg the question why someone keeps a hammer by the front door though.  :-\

Might have been mending the door.
Might have been expecting the usual snotty nosed little darling Trick or Treaters round.

Hmmm, maybe now is a great time to get a chainsaw :)

Lidl has them for £50 currently. :D

Electric, though, so can't chase them far up the road. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28 October 2016, 23:05:26 »

Was he wearing a scary clown costume?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.