Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Answer is ....  (Read 5011 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Answer is ....
« Reply #30 on: 16 December 2016, 20:41:10 »

People can break the rules all they like as far as I'm concerned. I always have, and probably always will.
Its when it goes wrong and they wont take it on the chin, and try and blame anyone but themselves, that I lose all sympathy for them.

Exactly.

Leaving the house and doing stuff means there's a risk of something going wrong. There are lots of other incompetent, inconsiderate arseholes out there who aren't aware of your existence, let alone concentrating on what they are doing. And it's highly likely that you are going to be the direct cause of much of your trouble.

Hopefully the opps up won't be too disastrous, but any blame will probably have to be shared.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16 December 2016, 22:25:40 »

I would suggest you cycle in London for yourself, see where you like filtering  ;) :y

You would soon realise the left is the place to be.  :)

If cyclists filter on the right, will car drivers refrain from undertaking them? That seems unlikely. I've had a beer, so I'm feeling charitable.

Also, being just to the left of the centre of the road gives oncoming traffic a sporting chance of not seeing cyclists too. This is a common cause of motorcycle crashes.
Big difference between 'filtering' and overtaking or undertaking legally or safely.

If I owned a bike it would be a Billy Connelly style trike. And I would ride it like I would ride a push bike...

... In the same road position as I drive a car ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17 December 2016, 10:05:05 »

Big difference between 'filtering' and overtaking or undertaking legally or safely.

Only when written down. On the road there is NO physical difference. Anyone who does either needs to be aware of the consequences. All road users ought to be aware that other road users are likely to do things they wouldn't.  That is a human problem with no solution.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 December 2016, 11:26:31 »

I don't know what it is about cyclists that provokes such venom (Well, I do actually), but some people have it in for them. It's probably, as has been mentioned, their selfish, holier than thou attitude.
Where I walk the dog in the morning, there is a lakeside path surrounded by woods. Cyclists are not allowed on the path, but they ignore this. Because they are not allowed on the path, they think the woods belong to them, and take great delight in charging past people on muddy tracks, ringing their silly little fairy bells and barely missing people (and dogs).
Every morning when I walk in the woods, people have gone to a great deal of trouble to put large branches and even small trees across the paths, no doubt hoping one of the two wheeled terrorists will come a cropper. For folk to be bothered doing this, they must be really pissed off, it takes some effort by the look of it.
I must confess, if one of them went a bit too close to my dog, I think I would probably kill him.

Dogs are another pet :) hate of some people. They have to be kept on a lead on the path, but dog owners ignore this. There are signs threatening huge fines should your dog shit on the path and you fail to pick it up. As there is no one to enforce this, there is dog shite everywhere. Cyclists must get this stuff all over the bike and themselves when illegally cycling through the illegal dog shit.

Children are not the favourite type of human for a lot of older couples who walk on the path. Noisy little beggars spoil the peaceful walk with their shouting, screaming and running around. Shouldn't be allowed anywhere near. Old people are generally disliked by everyone. Moany old bastids.

So....that leaves young, childless couples who don't own a dog or a bicycle. But I'm sure someone must hate them too.  :)

Think you will like this one Stemo LINKY

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 17 December 2016, 13:13:59 »

Very good, but deffo a set-up.  ;D
Unless someone with a camera boom, or a tree climbing cameraman just happened to be there at the time.  :-\

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17 December 2016, 18:09:54 »

Very good, but deffo a set-up.  ;D
Unless someone with a camera boom, or a tree climbing cameraman just happened to be there at the time.  :-\

Yeah it's a set up but thought that you'd like it  ;D

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17 December 2016, 19:28:40 »

People can break the rules all they like as far as I'm concerned. I always have, and probably always will.
Its when it goes wrong and they wont take it on the chin, and try and blame anyone but themselves, that I lose all sympathy for them.

*In other words, we all break the rules, every day. We just hate the people who, by breaking the rules,  interfere with our rule breaking.

I think.*

...I think you both summed that up superbly!! :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18 December 2016, 07:12:45 »

This thread still going  ::) :P

We need the general to give us the definitive answer on this  :D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19 December 2016, 18:42:21 »

In other words, we all break the rules, every day. We just hate the people who, by breaking the rules,  interfere with our rule breaking.

I think.

Simple solution, just bring back dualling, everybody would then be more respectful of the rules, and those that weren't wouldn't be around for long. :y :y :y

I'm sure TB would approve!
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #39 on: 19 December 2016, 19:47:05 »

I've been to Liverpool and back today. I wouldn't have the time nor the memory to list all of the rules I saw broken today. It's getting worse, I'm sure it is.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.