Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 exhaust  (Read 4127 times)

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 exhaust
« Reply #15 on: 17 May 2017, 21:11:01 »

I am talking about going the other way, from a single box middle section to a twin middle on my 2.0.

I decided not to go with the Eternal system from the link as it is only a single skin according to their communications (apparently they used to be double-skinned). I have found a double-skin version made of good steel somewhere else in Poland which is being sent to me.

My last system from Eternal was only single-skin as well, which is why it resonates so much.

If it goes to plan, I may have a good condition 2.0 estate exhaust if anyone wants it?

Is it new and do you have a link that you can post up?

It is and I will let you know once it arrives and is working

Fair enough. Much appreciated. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Hope its a good one.  :y

Well, it has arrived and is certainly heavy. Almost need 2 people to carry the box 😄

Will open and fit it at the weekend hopefully, so should be able to update some time afterwards.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 May 2017, 22:22:32 »

I am talking about going the other way, from a single box middle section to a twin middle on my 2.0.

I decided not to go with the Eternal system from the link as it is only a single skin according to their communications (apparently they used to be double-skinned). I have found a double-skin version made of good steel somewhere else in Poland which is being sent to me.

My last system from Eternal was only single-skin as well, which is why it resonates so much.

If it goes to plan, I may have a good condition 2.0 estate exhaust if anyone wants it?

Is it new and do you have a link that you can post up?

It is and I will let you know once it arrives and is working

Fair enough. Much appreciated. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Hope its a good one.  :y

Well, it has arrived and is certainly heavy. Almost need 2 people to carry the box 😄

Will open and fit it at the weekend hopefully, so should be able to update some time afterwards.
Was it from Ace Gerlach by any chance?, if so, am very pleased with mine.

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 May 2017, 15:00:29 »

Well, update time....

The exhaust is fitted. Generally good fit, had to adjust the pipe slightly where it passes the nsr anti roll bar joint but that is because I was having to use fabricated middle box brackets I suspect and different rubbers..

The rubbers that come with the kit are too tight and small for my liking, hence the change to some which allow a little more movement.

eBay item number is 261111236297 if anyone is interested.

The boxes are double-skinned as can be confirmed with the spot welds in the middle of the outer skins and the edges have been laser welded together.

As for noise, I had to turn the radio and the aircon off just to hear the exhaust and is no louder with the window open either. Before, the exhaust noise was always there.

Honestly, at the moment I cannot find any problems.

Andy A

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol UK
    • Omega 2.2i CD manual 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 May 2017, 19:05:19 »

Well, update time....

The exhaust is fitted. Generally good fit, had to adjust the pipe slightly where it passes the nsr anti roll bar joint but that is because I was having to use fabricated middle box brackets I suspect and different rubbers..

The rubbers that come with the kit are too tight and small for my liking, hence the change to some which allow a little more movement.

The boxes are double-skinned as can be confirmed with the spot welds in the middle of the outer skins and the edges have been laser welded together.

As for noise, I had to turn the radio and the aircon off just to hear the exhaust and is no louder with the window open either. Before, the exhaust noise was always there.

Can you provide a link for purchase?

Thanks

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 May 2017, 21:20:12 »

Well, update time....

Thanks

Like that one? :-X ::) ;D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Andy A

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol UK
    • Omega 2.2i CD manual 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 May 2017, 09:11:28 »

Well, update time....

Thanks

Like that one? :-X ::) ;D

Thanks.  :y :y Been working on the car. Missed that one.  :o
« Last Edit: 21 May 2017, 09:14:04 by Andy A »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.