Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OMEGA 2.2 New Engine (Engine Management Light ON)  (Read 1010 times)

windhoek_boy

• Windhoek, Namibia
    • Omega 2.2 16V
    • View Profile
OMEGA 2.2 New Engine (Engine Management Light ON)
« on: 01 May 2017, 18:50:03 »

Hi good people

My changed over my engine from my older Omega into a newer engine last year. Good enough the Engine Management Light was on but it eventually went off.

Engine eventually needed an overhaul after knock. And this was properly done by the usual Mechanic also on this forum. and it runs smooth. Problem is...this time after starting car for the very first time after engine overhaul 2 weeks ago,  the Engine Management Light or Engine Block light stayed on and does not go away. i have disconnected battery and reconnected it but this has  not gone away. What to do? does it need a resetting of some sort.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: OMEGA 2.2 New Engine (Engine Management Light ON)
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2017, 16:21:38 »

You need an OBDII code reader to check what the problem is. Most engine problems will go dormant after a while and the light will go out, so the fact that it has stayed on suggests that there is a fault present. You need to check and rectify the fault and then the light will go out, or can be cleared with a code reader.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

windhoek_boy

• Windhoek, Namibia
    • Omega 2.2 16V
    • View Profile
Re: OMEGA 2.2 New Engine (Engine Management Light ON)
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2017, 21:00:13 »

You need an OBDII code reader to check what the problem is. Most engine problems will go dormant after a while and the light will go out, so the fact that it has stayed on suggests that there is a fault present. You need to check and rectify the fault and then the light will go out, or can be cleared with a code reader.

Alright. I will consult a guy i know with a reader.It must be something written MAXIDas i think.

Then i give feedback
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.