Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Please - What colour?  (Read 5174 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Help Please - What colour?
« Reply #30 on: 01 May 2017, 08:54:29 »

Rubens red normally had beige interior.  In the wrong light, beige and shale (light grey) can look similar unless side by side.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 May 2017, 10:18:03 »

Might be my eyes but the original looks more of a cream colour to me. What colour is the dash and steering wheel, Grey, Anthracite or Brown? (Although all combinations are valid).

If the providing dealer remembered it will have the interior colour trim style on the B pillar ::)

Fixed ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 May 2017, 10:20:03 »

DG, if you are suggesting that I post the photo - I wish I knew how! I have singularly failed to post pics on here so far, even with Dropbox!

Ron.
Not at all...

Her Maj could simply place her old shelf next to the new one and compare them... Put an end to all the pontificating...

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01 May 2017, 12:44:52 »

Rubens red normally had beige interior.  In the wrong light, beige and shale (light grey) can look similar unless side by side.

That is THE problem TB.  Both look so similar, but now I am most satisfied the light grey is the nearest colour I can use that is available.  I tried the beige after all, and it looked all wrong.  But as Doctor Gollum wisely recommends I will put the two together photographically and see what you all think:

Original:

Replacement re-sprayed in Light grey dye:

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 May 2017, 12:49:53 »

Lizzie, your are missing the point...

A picture of one in your kitchen and one in the car half in the garage is no comparison and a waste of Internet.

Put them next to each other in the same space and time and report back... Anything else is a complete waste of time. Both yours and ours.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01 May 2017, 12:55:02 »

Lizzie, your are missing the point...

A picture of one in your kitchen and one in the car half in the garage is no comparison and a waste of Internet.

Put them next to each other in the same space and time and report back... Anything else is a complete waste of time. Both yours and ours.

I didn't know your time was so precious GD ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Most of what goes on with the internet is a waste of time anyway ::) ::) ::) :D ;)

Go and have another drink on me! ;D ;D ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01 May 2017, 13:19:36 »

It's your car... But you appear to be seeking advice from here yet are asking us to compare cabbages and eggs :-X

My time isn't precious, but I do get protective when it is freely given only to be wasted.

Fear not, it's now lunch time and I have and afternoon of Polish lessons... Do widzenie.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2017, 13:21:32 by Doctor Gollum »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01 May 2017, 14:03:55 »

It's your car... But you appear to be seeking advice from here yet are asking us to compare cabbages and eggs :-X

My time isn't precious, but I do get protective when it is freely given only to be wasted.

Fear not, it's now lunch time and I have and afternoon of Polish lessons... Do widzenie.

Why do you want to be so nasty and objectionable?  I am trying to be nice and polite but you push that back in my face.

I DO note what people are advising; that is WHY I post threads like this, to get advice, which I have, including from you which, you may find this strange, I value!

You were right, I needed to get the two colours together, and not in photographs.  This has again, even with my colour blindness and the reason why I posted this thread, can see light grey is still not right.  At further expense I will now respray again!  So you see, without your nasty stance, you can prove useful!  Indeed I did first tried the other week to recover the shelf in fake leather, but it didn't work. Once more, I was pleased with the advice.

Continually though you are having digs, making cynical comments, and generally being as evil as your pretend character.  For Christ sake grow up, come out from that act you are putting on and be your true self.  I have dealt with dozens of difficult, nasty and often criminal types, so you cannot fool me with your "performance".  However, I am worried about the affect on other members who would like to post, but live in fear of being belittled if they do by characters like you.  As I have stated before, it is no wonder that the members on line at any one time are now at the lowest I have ever seen them.

So come on DG, smile, have a laugh, and stop the unnecessary attitude.  I, and no one else for sure, need your nasty stance especially women who still MAY want to be on here.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2017, 14:13:20 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01 May 2017, 15:10:55 »

Not being objectionable or sexist or anythingist...

If you want an unbiased opinion as to whether the tone is right or not, then as you have conceded, you need to show the two shelves side by side in order that WE can see the difference in order to guide you.

I have a curt manner which clearly grates... I simply try to cut through all the bullshit in order to get to the crux of items that I choose to participate in. I endeavour to treat everybody the same here... If I think you're being a idiot I will say so. Nowt personal,  just that I can't be doing pandering to the 'woe is me approach' that many have.

If you don't like my input then ignore it rather than picking holes in my points or attacking my personality trying to get a rise. You know I will eventually bite and one day someone will find out just how sharp my teeth are.

If I genuinely wanted to actually be nasty then I would, but by and large I choose not to be.

And whilst I admit to having a slightly sarcastic outlook on life I am actually one of the most loyal and devoted people that I know. Only a few people genuinely appreciate that and very few of them are here.

So there we have it. Take it or leave it. As our German friends would say, "Es machts mir egal."

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #39 on: 01 May 2017, 23:41:55 »

"To the vision"??  Sure you don't mean ... Do widzenia, which translates to goodbye, similar to the Russian  ;)

Good luck with your Polish lessons  :)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02 May 2017, 01:55:39 »

It was typed from memory, and a slight Freudian slip.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.