Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trade Club  (Read 1710 times)

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
Trade Club
« on: 19 February 2007, 23:37:25 »

How does one get a tc card?  Do you have to be genuinely in the trade or can us amateurs get hold of them?

Cheers,

Ian

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Club
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2007, 01:15:55 »

How does one get a tc card?  Do you have to be genuinely in the trade or can us amateurs get hold of them?

Cheers,

Ian
One way - as you own a car with more cylinders than doors ;) - would be to join the Autobahnstormers Club Even though the car knowledge is biased [size=8]slightly[/size] towards straight 6's the V6 knowledge is slowly getting there. If you wanted to be absolutely cynical your membership of £20(something) a year is paid for when you make a few purchases with your trade club elligibilty. Your troubles start then convincing the parts dept that you are actually entitle to Trade Club prices! >:(  But I there is a to more to the club than just a trade club card.
« Last Edit: 20 February 2007, 01:16:50 by Andy_B »

MV6Matt

• Omega Knight
  • London
  • Back in Black. Sensible size this time............
    • Meriva 1.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2007, 08:56:57 »

Ian,
Andy B is quite right - a very straightforward way of getting TC is via Autobahnstormers. My local Vx Dealers don't seem to have a problem with using the card and are happy to help.
What Andy says about them being 'biased slightly towards straight 6's is a bit of an understatement. I've abeen a member for 2 1/2 years and my exprience is that, unless, you've a Lotus Carlton/Omega, there is very little for the V6 Omega owner. Take a look at any of the magazines they produce. The exception to that was when I went to Duxford last year - lots of 'Meega competition for the LC's.

Give 'em a go!
Good luck M8
Matthew
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
(thanks Ian)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2007, 09:14:59 »

Also:

www.vauxhallopeldriversclub.co.uk

will get you a club's TC. I used to be a member in the pre-Internet area (yes, just after the Ice Age and before the Stone Age!  ;D)
Alas, no more Omegas....

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2007, 09:20:33 »

unless, you've a Lotus Carlton/Omega, there is very little for the V6 Omega owner. Take a look at any of the magazines they produce. ......
:o  :o  You'll be stripped naked and paraded through town in a barrel!!  ;)  ;)  ;)

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2007, 19:06:34 »

in theory if you sign up to ANY club that's a member of the VBOA (Vauxhall Bedford Opel Association), their members are entitled to trade club membership for personal use, the full list of clubs is here

personally I joined MIG Performance Vauxhalls - only £15 a year and they tend to have fairly regular meets  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2007, 19:38:56 »

in theory if you sign up to ANY club that's a member of the VBOA (Vauxhall Bedford Opel Association), their members are entitled to trade club membership for personal use, the full list of clubs is here

personally I joined MIG Performance Vauxhalls - only £15 a year and they tend to have fairly regular meets  :)
I think the club has to be a full member of VBOA, which is not quite the same thing...
Grumpy old man

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2007, 20:40:16 »

I think the club has to be a full member of VBOA, which is not quite the same thing...
ah yes, hmmm ... just noticed at the top of that page it says "The clubs listed below are fully affiliated members of the VBOA" ... didn't realise there were any non-affiliated clubs  :-/

MV6Matt

• Omega Knight
  • London
  • Back in Black. Sensible size this time............
    • Meriva 1.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2007, 10:28:45 »

unless, you've a Lotus Carlton/Omega, there is very little for the V6 Omega owner. Take a look at any of the magazines they produce. ......
:o  :o  You'll be stripped naked and paraded through town in a barrel!!  ;)  ;)  ;)

Yes, I rather get that impression. So I say Thank Gawd for this forum!
And I'm still interested in starting a club version of this forum......Any consensus about having a stand at TV day at SantaPod?
Matthew
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
(thanks Ian)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 February 2007, 14:17:33 »

If you want discount from a Vauxhall agent try saying you work for JCB.... my 6 litres of oil, filter, and air filter came to about 40 odd pound, told them that i work for JCB and paid £24 :y

Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.