Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our Corrupt System.......  (Read 819 times)

Lioned

• Intermediate Member
  • South East London
    • View Profile
Our Corrupt System.......
« on: 12 October 2009, 22:26:43 »

So Mr Bean (he who struggles to get to the toilet without help) is still in charge of our country despite having been caught with his hands 'in the till' and ordered to repay £12k.

All that on the day its announced he's gonna sell of the remains of our 'assets'. Oh yes this genius of the fiscal fraternity who's managed to loose this country about £4billion in the great 'cash in your gold' scandal,is gonna sell the Dartford toll bridge to the highest bidder (i seem to remember us drivers were promised it would be free once the debt was paid off - which it nearly is).
And then he's going to sell the student loan book,you know the one which he invented to cripple the financial futures of all our kids who bothered to go to Univesity,not those in Scotland offcourse who didnt have to pay for their tuition.

gordon brown - corrupt in every way.

KillerWatt

Re: Our Corrupt System.......
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2009, 22:33:42 »

If it pisses you off that much, do something about it.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2009, 22:52:10 »

If it pisses you off that much, do something about it.

Yep. Easy enough to get into Parliament as the nut munchers have proven, and nearly November 5th. :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

bertiecbx550

« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2009, 05:18:29 »

Oof firework meet???? ::) ::) :P

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2009, 12:27:42 »

What cheeses me off is the the fact that all the MP's are whining that things have been changed retrospectively to cover the last 5 years.

OK, so when my age for retirement goes up, is that retrospective? Or the new road tax bands that will rob us, is that not retrospective?

What a bunch of f'in idiots. They don't like having money took off them, but they love taking it off of us.

I mean if GB has to pay back £12k, thats nothing to a guy thats being paid £150k a year + probably the same amount in 'expenses' (cough).

I hate politics more than I ever did. We need a political party that is open/honest and trustworthy. I look at the 3 major choices today, and not one of them deserves my vote. It looks like I will be continuing to spoil my ballot paper. I do this as people have died for my right to vote, but I don't want to vote for a party I don't believe in (all of them).

Make the Mayor of Doncaster PM, he'd get my vote!
« Last Edit: 13 October 2009, 12:29:53 by deviator »
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 October 2009, 12:49:11 »

Not sure what he aims to gain by selling the assets off, its hardly going to touch the national debt, it wouldn't even cover 3 months interest payments!

mantahatch

« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2009, 14:19:14 »

What cheeses me off is the the fact that all the MP's are whining that things have been changed retrospectively to cover the last 5 years.

OK, so when my age for retirement goes up, is that retrospective? Or the new road tax bands that will rob us, is that not retrospective?

What a bunch of f'in idiots. They don't like having money took off them, but they love taking it off of us.

I mean if GB has to pay back £12k, thats nothing to a guy thats being paid £150k a year + probably the same amount in 'expenses' (cough).

I hate politics more than I ever did. We need a political party that is open/honest and trustworthy. I look at the 3 major choices today, and not one of them deserves my vote. It looks like I will be continuing to spoil my ballot paper. I do this as people have died for my right to vote, but I don't want to vote for a party I don't believe in (all of them).

I would second that, def get my vote.  :y

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 October 2009, 14:30:36 »

When I worked in ITV the company went to the Inland Revenue every year and got agreement for the expenses that were paid to employees.

Then one day the IR turned and said "we've changed our minds you owe 9 million (I think it was) going back 6 years.

There was no way that the employees could be tracked and billed and IR wouldn't back down, so a deal was done and the Co paid a couple of million to settle it IIRC.

So it's not the first time.
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto

Lioned

• Intermediate Member
  • South East London
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 October 2009, 15:03:52 »

What makes it worse ,and so personal,is that we all know very well now that if we behaved like this in our jobs chances are we would be sacked/taxed/photographed and sent to prison.
Equally frustrating is that there seems to be no other party capable of picking up the challenge.At least Cameron seems to be in front when guaging public opinion.
All we can do is go to the ballot box and vote out the worst offenders,brown and his cohorts in 'new labour' are streets ahead in the incompetence and dishonesty league,on that basis alone someone else deserves a chance.
Short of blowing up parliament  the only armary we have is to continue to winge,whine and rant in every media we can in the hope that the message gets through eventually that we will not stand for the 'troughateers' that many politicians have become.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 October 2009, 17:30:33 »

Not sure what he aims to gain by selling the assets off, its hardly going to touch the national debt, it wouldn't even cover 3 months interest payments!

Give or take a month or two, that's about how much of his political career remains, if he's lucky and doesn't get knifed in the back. ;D After that, not my problem, mate.  >:(

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

KillerWatt

« Reply #10 on: 13 October 2009, 21:52:54 »

Short of blowing up parliament  the only armary we have is to continue to winge,whine and rant in every media we can in the hope that the message gets through eventually that we will not stand for the 'troughateers' that many politicians have become.
If everybody who has complained in the same way about the current leadership could be bothered to pull their fingers out of their arses and do something, this government wouldn't have the resources to fight back.

However the government don't consider that a threat, because they know that...

1. No one has the 'dangle berries' to be the front man
2. Even if you do find a front man, you've already let so many draconian laws slip by (under the guise of "nothing to hide, nothing to fear") that you'd be f**ked before you even get close to starting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.