Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi Definition Camcorders.  (Read 1135 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Definition Camcorders.
« Reply #15 on: 31 March 2010, 22:36:39 »

I have taken a likeing to this  or the M306/36

no prices mentioned yet though.

http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Camcorders/High_Definition_HD/LEGRIA_HF_M36/index.asp
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

duggs

• Omega Knight
  • Felixstowe
    • BMW 3.0 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 March 2010, 23:44:47 »

Agreed !   I rather like the look of them also...bit expensive though at the moment.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 March 2010, 23:52:31 »

Agreed !   I rather like the look of them also...bit expensive though at the moment.

I was looking at the 20/200 models (cant remember the letters_ they were $515 at christmas on ebuyer, ran out of stock then went to £525 then carried on rising so I waited then no more stock on offer, hence finding out about the new models.

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 April 2010, 10:13:19 »

Seeing as how 5.1 audio is part of what HD is about, this example falls way short.
The audio has nowt to do with HD, all "HD" is a buzzword for is the video side.

Besides, if you wanted to record in true 5.1, you'd need 5 microphones positioned around your target - not really practical methinks.
Not true in practice.  Joe Public and the industry expect the complete package in much the same way as you wouldn't put 3in-wide wheels on a luxury car even though you could.
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 April 2010, 10:23:48 »

Not true in practice.  Joe Public and the industry expect the complete package in much the same way as you wouldn't put 3in-wide wheels on a luxury car even though you could.

Joe public isn't, on the whole, going to bother to use anything more than the condenser microphones on the camera which pick up the whirring of the auto-focus system, etc. Best case he might add a pair of external microphones for stereo sound.

The few who do want to end up with 5.1 soundtracks on their home movies will add it later by mixing sounds from a variety of sources rather than restrict themselves to what the camera spits out anyway, so why should the camera record any more than the  2 channel stereo soundtrack that it is reasonable to collect during filming?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 April 2010, 10:26:28 »

Seeing as how 5.1 audio is part of what HD is about, this example falls way short.
The audio has nowt to do with HD, all "HD" is a buzzword for is the video side.

Besides, if you wanted to record in true 5.1, you'd need 5 microphones positioned around your target - not really practical methinks.

Very true regards the sounds.

A lot of the public are very naive regards HD - me included.

But then that doesnt help when you see 1080 i/p or 720 then some say true HD is that and others say it is this.

Maybe they ought to fix a standard definition to it like they did with USB (speed) ports and as it changes call it, HD1, HD1.1, HD1.2 eyc until there is a major upgragrade in performance/standards and then call it HD2. HD2.1  the .1 increments obviously being only for noticable changes.

Like USB 2 a massive speed change but still the same size/shape sockets/plugs, now USB 3 is arround, big speed jump, slightly differnt socket but I believe still backrds compatible.

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 April 2010, 11:12:52 »

Joe public isn't, on the whole, going to bother to use anything more than the condenser microphones on the camera which pick up the whirring of the auto-focus system, etc. Best case he might add a pair of external microphones for stereo sound.

The few who do want to end up with 5.1 soundtracks on their home movies will add it later by mixing sounds from a variety of sources rather than restrict themselves to what the camera spits out anyway, so why should the camera record any more than the  2 channel stereo soundtrack that it is reasonable to collect during filming?

Kevin
There are some good on-camera stereo sensors available with the option to plug in external ones.  Once you have stereo, 5.1 can be synthesized electronically to give quite an impressive result.  In fact I would argue that 5.1 needs to be synthesized since it is nigh-on impossible to pick up a 'sensible' image that will work unprocessed in the wide range of environments that constitute the viewing arena.

The example I gave was monophonic sound (and poorly created mono at that) under the Hi Def banner and on HDMI.  DPReview say
and the arguably for many users most attractive new feature, a movie mode that records 1080P/20fps or 720P/30fps High Definition video footage.

Going back to my original point, just having the high definition label does not in any way guarantee that you will enjoy what you expect (or are lead to believe you will get).
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.