Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Respray dilemma  (Read 1670 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Respray dilemma
« Reply #15 on: 16 April 2007, 23:06:46 »

Guys,
a car is not an accounting excersice it can be other things like a hobby and omeones pride and joy.
Markey has a very rare late prefacelift MV6 and i believe that he should go for it and get it done with only criteria being a superb quality respray. Cars are not all about their resale value.

:) :y

Hummm difficult choice.... whats your current millage like Markie? I am guessing its fairly low.

Nice as the 4.0 Supercharged Jags are they are a lot more than the Omega...

Tbh your not going to get much with a facelift MV6.... just a change in the looks dept. I'd be tempted to keep running the MV6 as or go nuts and get a Monaro VXR .... if you do. I will be knocking on your door for a test drive  ;)

Aaah Tunnie a man with similar thoughts to me  ;D

Mileage is 79000 fsh and full cambelt change already done. Car is totally unblemished inside - i mean spotless!

Its never given a single problem and out with the rust on the edges of the doors and small chips on the bonnet is immaculate outside - not even one single mark on the alloys :o

I am swaying towards getting the bodywork done and runnning it for another 18 months and instead off going facelift mv6 / beemer 5 series etc going for either M5 or ......Monaro  :y

79k miles and belt has just been done? Blimey thats super low and good for another 40k.

I meant your millage as in your commute, see if your mpg was an issue (hence Monaro  ;))

Money wise, and common sense says keep MV6. With me i should keep the 2.2, its in good nick now I have been doing lots of work to it.

However I want to trade up to a V6 when i start earning again, common sense says I should keep the 2.2..... but this bloody forum made me want a V6!  >:(

I guess like me, your MV6 is the comon sense option.... but then again we don't do common sense do we!  ;D

Not been much help here have I ! ;D

Well to sum up, IMO don't get a overpricedBMW / Merc your paying for the badge... unless you go V8. (Maybe 540i) Or if you need to tow horses, 530d ?

Personally I will be staying with Omega's, you can't beat them for value, comfort and performance for the money. Until I can afford  a Monaro VXR :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 18 queries.