Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone recommend a marine pump?  (Read 789 times)

JesterRT

• Intermediate Member
  • Stafford
    • View Profile
Anyone recommend a marine pump?
« on: 20 April 2007, 22:03:54 »

I'm going to need to pump the oil out, rather than risk removing the sump plug again as the threads are nearly gone.  Pumps I've seen are mostly the submersible type.  I need one I can connect a long bit of narrow tube to.

Cheers!

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone recommend a marine pump?
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2007, 23:16:28 »

Some garages offer oil changes for small money, cause they just stick a pipe down the dipstick hole, and pump it out. Why not get one of them to do it for you, for a reasonable fee. Is it impossible to get the sump off with the engine in situ?. If not you could source one from a scrappy for a few bob. Oh dear showing up my age again, I once had a 2.8 XJ6, and the engine had been "rebuilt" by someone who had saved dosh by reusing all the old gaskets and seals. The rear crankshaft oil seal  had a leak which meant when it was up on the MOT ramp, it was dripping all over his nice clean floor!. Unfortunately to get the sump off to change this, meant removing the engine ( which was very heavy!) or supporting the engine across the front wings and removing the front suspension!. This took ages, all for the sake of a 50p bit of rubber ;D
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 18 queries.