Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wheel alignment  (Read 712 times)

Chas

• View Profile
Wheel alignment
« on: 16 April 2007, 20:20:23 »

I own a 2001 Cadillac Catera which is a rebadged Opel Omega.  I bought it new in 2001.  I am on my 5th set of tires after 117000 miles.  This vehicles eats tires especially the inner treads on both the front and rear wheels. Seven alignments have not cured the problem.  Someone please tell the 2001 Omega wheel alignment specs i.e. caster, camber, and toe.  I think General Motors changed the alignments specs for this US version of the Omega, so I think if I can get it aligned to the original Omega specs perhaps my problem would be cured. Has any Omega owners had excessive inner tread tire wear along with feather-edging on the front wheel inner tread?
Chas

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel alignment
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2007, 20:30:14 »

Yes my last one ate the inner front tread, never did get it sorted, I'll see how this one fairs.

Oh & Hello & welcome  :)
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2007, 21:07:03 »

I own a 2001 Cadillac Catera which is a rebadged Opel Omega.  I bought it new in 2001.  I am on my 5th set of tires after 117000 miles.  This vehicles eats tires especially the inner treads on both the front and rear wheels. Seven alignments have not cured the problem.  Someone please tell the 2001 Omega wheel alignment specs i.e. caster, camber, and toe.  I think General Motors changed the alignments specs for this US version of the Omega, so I think if I can get it aligned to the original Omega specs perhaps my problem would be cured. Has any Omega owners had excessive inner tread tire wear along with feather-edging on the front wheel inner tread?
Chas
Yes, been there.  Fortunately, I managed to get mine set up at http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk
Grumpy old man

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2007, 12:21:57 »

Welcome to the forum  :y

8-)
DaveL

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 April 2007, 13:47:50 »

Chas
Yes, been there.  Fortunately, I managed to get mine set up at http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk

Contact Tony through the link above. He is hugely knowledgeable on this subject and should be able to offer you advice. :)
The Administrator.

Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 April 2007, 03:23:25 »

Thanks for the tip. I have contacted Tony.  Hopefully he will solve my problem.

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 April 2007, 08:32:20 »

Chas

Yep to both - been there, sorted by Tony....
Alas, no more Omegas....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.