Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life without music  (Read 495 times)

boughtonthecheap

• Probably on a road somewhere
  • Not all things that go 'UP' come 'Down'
    • View Profile
Life without music
« on: 03 January 2011, 21:22:42 »

Its so dull, the only thing I hear on my way to' & from work is the clatter of my long passed away catalytic converter still giving it the death rattle where it will remain until I win the lottery, or £150 on a scrach card might do it...anyway I couldn't find where to ask the question....
Does anyone know how to get the codes for switching the music system back on please ? when I bought the car from an extremely dodgy guy, he failed to mention it wasn't working...& of course - no codes ... so without going to a main dealer, as xmas has left me Clint Eastwood, what's the cheapest, easiest way of fixing it, before I go totally mad with the constant rattle......

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Life without music
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2011, 21:35:50 »

Either a car pass from your local fiendly dealer (which is only of use if your car still has the OE radio - but due to type of car they generally have) that comes with other codes for immobiliser etc or send Dave DND a message ...... that's what he does. :y

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2011, 21:40:17 »

Its so dull, the only thing I hear on my way to' & from work is the clatter of my long passed away catalytic converter still giving it the death rattle where it will remain until I win the lottery, or £150 on a scrach card might do it...anyway I couldn't find where to ask the question....
Does anyone know how to get the codes for switching the music system back on please ? when I bought the car from an extremely dodgy guy, he failed to mention it wasn't working...& of course - no codes ... so without going to a main dealer, as xmas has left me Clint Eastwood, what's the cheapest, easiest way of fixing it, before I go totally mad with the constant rattle......

vauxhall charged me 20 quid i think for car pass

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2011, 21:42:45 »

Pull the head unit out, it might have the code written on it. If not your local audio shop will do it cheaper & quicker than Vx, about £20. Might have to do this myself. ::)
Curry makes the world go round!

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2011, 21:50:44 »

plenty of decode places around  try local spares shop see if they know somewhere :y

boughtonthecheap

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 January 2011, 23:26:00 »

Thanks so much for the advice, £20 sounds okay I know there is a local audio dealer not too far away so I'll check there first, great.... I'll give a re-cap on this if I can get it sorted....

boughtonthecheap

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 January 2011, 23:28:17 »

Pull the head unit out, it might have the code written on it. If not your local audio shop will do it cheaper & quicker than Vx, about £20. Might have to do this myself. ::)
I tried to get the head unit out even used the 'prongy' thing but it's stuck fast just won't budge...

Mysteryman

« Reply #7 on: 04 January 2011, 14:15:47 »

I tried to get the head unit out even used the 'prongy' thing but it's stuck fast just won't budge...

It's a while since I owned an omega but I though they had small hex grub screws.?

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #8 on: 04 January 2011, 14:16:54 »

Get an MP3 Player! ::) ::) ;)

albitz

« Reply #9 on: 04 January 2011, 16:36:19 »

To live without my music would be impossible to do........
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egwARrX1ik8&feature=related[/media]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.