Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inflation, average earnings, Merv King  (Read 416 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Inflation, average earnings, Merv King
« on: 16 February 2011, 22:11:06 »

I wonder if Mervyn Kings' average earnings have kept going down these last five years or is that just the drones that have suffered that?

I remember inflation not being a bad thing when I was I was younger. Mind you I had a job through it.

The situation is as bad here in Spain. Apart from fuel costs, everyone here raises their prices as some sort of right every start of a new year. The small loaf of bread we used to buy at 60 cents is now "on offer "at 65cents reduced from 70 cents. Clever marketing rip off. 
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

albitz

Re: Inflation, average earnings, Merv King
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2011, 00:57:51 »

Inflation can kill an economy dead, but high interest rates can cause a lot of pain. A difficult line to tread for old Merv and his chums, but interest rates are going to have to rise very soon imo, and probably already should have done.
It wont be easy though for people with mortages who are already struggling and businesses struggling to keep their heads above water and pay back what they owe. :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Inflation, average earnings, Merv King
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2011, 10:57:49 »

Inflation can kill an economy dead, but high interest rates can cause a lot of pain. A difficult line to tread for old Merv and his chums, but interest rates are going to have to rise very soon imo, and probably already should have done.
It wont be easy though for people with mortages who are already struggling and businesses struggling to keep their heads above water and pay back what they owe. :(

Yep....we are likely to see higher interest rates in the future but growth is still poor. Dilemma?
« Last Edit: 17 February 2011, 10:59:34 by optimist »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 18 queries.