Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: F1 championship done and dusted  (Read 1639 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: F1 championship done and dusted
« Reply #15 on: 12 September 2011, 18:35:50 »

Hamiltons arrogance is his undoing, got totaly the wrong temprement.

Better driver or not, I will always back Button over Hamilton for that fact alone.

albitz

« Reply #16 on: 12 September 2011, 18:50:28 »

Never seen a great driver who didnt have a touch of arrogance. ;)
He has that hunger to win though that TB is always banging on about. He also states his heroes and inspiration as Gilles Villeneuve and Senna and has never once mentioned Scumacher in that sense, which to me says that he really knows what being a racing driver is all about. ;)
Interestingly,I read an interview with Ecclestones daughter last week who said that Button was a nice guy until he won a title but he then becamo insufferably arrogant and big headed.
I must admit he certainly doesnt come across that way on camera, and I do rate him higher as a driver than TB does. ::)
« Last Edit: 12 September 2011, 19:32:47 by albitz »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 September 2011, 18:53:41 »

Never seen a great driver who didnt have a touch of arrogance. ;)
He hes that hunger to win though that TB is always banging on about. He also states his heroes and inspiration as Gilles Villeneuve and Senna and has never once mentioned Scumacher in that sense, which to me says that he really knows what being a racing driver is all about. ;)
Interestingly,I read an interview with Ecclestones daughter last week who said that Button was a nice guy until he won a title but he then becamo insufferably arrogant and big headed.
I must admit he certainly doesnt come across that way on camera, and I do rate him higher as a driver than TB does. ::)

Thats contary to what Eddie Jordan and co stated on TV the other week saying that he was the best world champion they had known and was always there to talk to people and went to every charity and promotional event he could squeeze in

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 September 2011, 18:58:19 »

Better driver or not, I will always back Button over Hamilton for that fact alone.

Agreed,hamilton may have more raw speed but that alone does not win races
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

ian76

• medway,kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 September 2011, 18:59:59 »

i think if jb was in the 50/60s he would be multiple word champion he is what they call a gentleman racer but still he is still in the top 3 best racers in this season and vettel is not in there i think he is more car than driver i think put him in a mclaren he wont finish as good as jb or lh but no body knows how to look after there car like jb

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 September 2011, 19:03:05 »

But its not a race...
Grumpy old man

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 September 2011, 19:04:39 »

i think if jb was in the 50/60s he would be multiple word champion he is what they call a gentleman racer but still he is still in the top 3 best racers in this season and vettel is not in there i think he is more car than driver i think put him in a mclaren he wont finish as good as jb or lh but no body knows how to look after there car like jb

I reckon he is certainly fast but mostly when out on his own in front and not under much pressure,see how quick he fell off when Button hunted him down in Canada ;)
other rides 

feeutfo

« Reply #22 on: 12 September 2011, 19:35:38 »

Have to say I was delighted with the coverage. The onboard stuff of Hamilton trying to pass Schumaker was excellent and showed first hand the exact problem Lewis was having with too low a 7th gear. Just getting into position to pass.... Bobobobob banging of the rev limited. Lewis was all over him apart from that.... And Jenson didn't have the low gearing issue. Hence the pass, or partly.

Fantastic "RACE" really enjoyed it! Liked the shots from the air ballon as well.  :y

Nickbat

« Reply #23 on: 12 September 2011, 19:40:17 »

Of course, you have to remember that Button suffers dandruff, so that itching inside his helmet must be a distraction.  ;) ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 September 2011, 19:40:25 »

Have to say I was delighted with the coverage. The onboard stuff of Hamilton trying to pass Schumaker was excellent and showed first hand the exact problem Lewis was having with too low a 7th gear. Just getting into position to pass.... Bobobobob banging of the rev limited. Lewis was all over him apart from that.... And Jenson didn't have the low gearing issue. Hence the pass, or partly.

Fantastic "RACE" really enjoyed it! Liked the shots from the air ballon as well.  :y
Did the coverage director/producer actually do some decent in car shots then, rather than wide angle shots of cars approaching, losing all sense of speed?

Does each country arrange own coverage?
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #25 on: 12 September 2011, 19:46:12 »

Did the coverage director/producer actually do some decent in car shots then, rather than wide angle shots of cars approaching, losing all sense of speed?

Does each country arrange own coverage?

I believe they do. :-/

It was the onboard stuff that was compelling. Concentrating o  the car in front was a real eye opener. You need to react twice as quick. Not just to your oen car and position on the track, but to what the guy in front was doing as well.

Guessing camera positions where limited as usual otherwise.

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 September 2011, 19:53:11 »

when are they going to race again to many rules and reg to watch schumi and hamilton was like the old days bring it back

albitz

« Reply #27 on: 12 September 2011, 20:11:36 »

Earlier this year Hamiltons wins/starts ratio was 16 from 84.
Buttons was 11 from 204.  ;)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 September 2011, 20:24:53 »

Earlier this year Hamiltons wins/starts ratio was 16 from 84.
Buttons was 11 from 204.  ;)

True enough :-[,but I really feel that button has upped his game this year, I think Hamilton would agree as well
other rides 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.