Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay!!! whats wrong with it!!!!  (Read 2184 times)

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay!!! whats wrong with it!!!!
« Reply #15 on: 21 June 2007, 10:51:38 »

I reckon if you win an item the payment, or at least a deposit, should be automatically transferred. That would make the time wasters think twice.

.or at least held by ebay in 'escrow'.  Of course there are rip off sellers too who would just love to get the deposit automatically..

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 June 2007, 10:54:20 »

i had one yank bid on a pat tester, won it then no contact for 3 weeks. so i phoned him up (our time 0900 his 0400) and asked him what was going on. a sleepy voice said "i was testing out my new account, bid on a few things but didnt think i would win any of them, sorry i dont want it- i dont even know what it does" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see an opportunity for revenge there - a few phone calls at suitable times..  you don't even need to wait for him to answer, hence no bill..

Pete Elite

• Omega Knight
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 June 2007, 16:10:58 »

I reckon if you win an item the payment, or at least a deposit, should be automatically transferred. That would make the time wasters think twice.

It would mean everyone would have to have Paypal, or give their card details when they first place a bid, of course...

Kevin

Yes Kev i think thats a great idea and something eBay could quite easily implement if they wanted to but as others on here have said eBay don't seem to care much about the few people who get messed about by the odd a**hole.
 Like you say if people knew that when they bid on an item they would have to pay for it unless they gave you and eBay a bloody good reason why they no longer wanted it then i think the whole eBay experience to be a better one.
 And as for Feedback well thats really a joke on eBays part as they don't seem to care what people say or want to get involved and just sit on the fence and watch the ££££££££££ roll in!!!

Upto i few weeks ago i had 100% Feedback and was proud of it until some stupid greedy t**t bid on 2 of my items knowing there size, approx. weight and what i was charging for postage, won them and then gave me bad Feedback saying i over charged for postage >:( >:( >:( although she paid for both items and didn't even ask for postage discount which i would have been happy to give her.

Rant over,
                Pete >:( :y.

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 June 2007, 18:00:08 »

It would mean everyone would have to have Paypal, or give their card details when they first place a bid, of course...

Kevin

Yes Kev i think thats a great idea and something eBay could quite easily implement if they wanted to but as others on here have said eBay don't seem to care much about the few people who get messed about by the odd a**hole.
 Like you say if people knew that when they bid on an item they would have to pay for it unless they gave you and eBay a bloody good reason why they no longer wanted it then i think the whole eBay experience to be a better one.
 And as for Feedback well thats really a joke on eBays part as they don't seem to care what people say or want to get involved and just sit on the fence and watch the ££££££££££ roll in!!!

Upto i few weeks ago i had 100% Feedback and was proud of it until some stupid greedy t**t bid on 2 of my items knowing there size, approx. weight and what i was charging for postage, won them and then gave me bad Feedback saying i over charged for postage >:( >:( >:( although she paid for both items and didn't even ask for postage discount which i would have been happy to give her.

Rant over,
                Pete >:( :y.

Yes I totally agree with your suggestion, that would be more beneficial to all seller's as you say at least buyer's would feel very sick if they decided to pull out once they had won the item, and they would have to give a very good reason for it as well, but you would have to state clearly that the deposit is NON REFUNDABLE otherwise buyer's would cry  :'( :'(.
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.