Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Twit in van  (Read 1480 times)

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
Re: Twit in van
« Reply #15 on: 09 January 2010, 15:38:55 »

Highway code, rule 201 and 211
201;
You must use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres. You may also use front or rear fog lights but you must switch them off when visibility improves.
211;
You must not use your front or rear fog lights unless visiblity is seriously reduced as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You must switch them off when visibility improves.

If there's fog I have no issue with their use, however it's people who think they are 'driving lights' and use them when it's not foggy. Here in TVP the police are doing a damn good job, if you've got them on they stop you. There should be no reason to use them except in fog or unusual circumstances. They can dazzle.
You can also be subject to an on the spot fine of £30 for using front fog lights when deemed not necessary. Again, luckily here in TVP this is enforced. I have seen many pulled over for this.
I'd say that you, pedroMV6 don't put them on because you can. You clearly stated you use them when you think they're appropriate and use them well. That's not the problem, it's the others who use them all the time.
I have seen a local idiot, who uses his front fogs instead of headlights, switches side lights and front fogs on.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.