Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone want to guess?  (Read 1520 times)

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
anyone want to guess?
« on: 02 August 2010, 07:03:34 »

Ok the first agila ended up with holes in 2 of the pistons, it is now running sweetly agin after haveing new pistons skimmed cylinder head new gaskets, valve job, lifters cleaned and carfully timed up without the special tools required!!! lolol
so the second one

has a missfire however it dont sound right either its showing codes 0300,0301,0302, it was owned by one family from new, but rather badly treated know it has had  a new water pump, checked the cam timing all appears to be good there, i recon its down on compression should be testing it later on today if the commp tester arrives,
so who wants to hazard a guess as to whats gone wrong with this one? a further clue? it hasnt had its oil or filter changed since new, (122k)the filter was actually broken in two pieces, airfilter was just a solid lump of black cardboard, oil was very creamy from short runs(4 k each way morning and night) about 2.8 miles, so it has been rather abused and i reckon im going to have to pull the head off,
so what the guess guys??

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: anyone want to guess?
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2010, 07:44:56 »

Given the miss treatment, head gasket

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2010, 08:16:59 »

Given the miss treatment, head gasket

lol thats my thoughts too, however i thought that was it on the first one and it turned out to be holes in pistons!! :'(

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2010, 09:52:21 »

Plugs?

Or couldn't it be that simple. ;)

Mick
« Last Edit: 02 August 2010, 09:54:49 by MickAP »

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2010, 15:19:14 »

Plugs?

Or couldn't it be that simple. ;)

Mick

I wish!!! changed plugs coil pack maf sensor oil and filter etc etc
number 1 and 2 have no compression so off with its head!!!
in 100 degree heat!! yeuck!! :y

albitz

« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2010, 15:33:35 »

Valve guides/seats ? :-/

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 August 2010, 15:55:30 »

a further clue? it hasnt had its oil or filter changed since new, (122k) ......

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 August 2010, 21:48:16 »

Valve guides/seats ? :-/

HEAD OFF it was blown between 1 and 2, also some dipstick had fitted a new waterpump but had bodged it with silicon, so water was getting in the oil gallery!! good grief!!

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 August 2010, 21:54:12 »

what can i say Andy thats fairly common out here, it is kilometers and not miles, car was owned by the same family since new and they never had it done quote its always been at the full mark!! unquote, i recently did a cambelt on a vw golf, not a problem normally it had only done 23000 sice it was last changed, however that was 14years ago!!!!! lol
another example? merc 300e diesel, 425000 on the clock family owned from new they asked me to find out why it wasnt charging properly and the power steering seemed to be jerky,
the alternator belt( multirib) was actually in 3 pieces along its length so although it was still fitted it was just slipping when it got to much for it ::) new belt cured all ills, they were over the moon!!!

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #9 on: 02 August 2010, 22:13:42 »

what can i say Andy thats fairly common out here, it is kilometers and not miles, car was owned by the same family since new and they never had it done quote its always been at the full mark!! unquote, i recently did a cambelt on a vw golf, not a problem normally it had only done 23000 sice it was last changed, however that was 14years ago!!!!! lol
another example? merc 300e diesel, 425000 on the clock family owned from new they asked me to find out why it wasnt charging properly and the power steering seemed to be jerky,
the alternator belt( multirib) was actually in 3 pieces along its length so although it was still fitted it was just slipping when it got to much for it ::) new belt cured all ills, they were over the moon!!!

I conclude that spanish people dont like to service cars.. they just use it ;D

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 August 2010, 22:18:27 »

thta correct Cem, because of the punitive tax on transferring the ownership of a car, they tend to be bought new then handed down to son and daughters etc etc and never eave the family, there are so many renault 4,s and early 70 model cas running around here it isnt true!! and they only get fixed when they go wrong!!!

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #11 on: 02 August 2010, 22:34:50 »

thta correct Cem, because of the punitive tax on transferring the ownership of a car, they tend to be bought new then handed down to son and daughters etc etc and never eave the family, there are so many renault 4,s and early 70 model cas running around here it isnt true!! and they only get fixed when they go wrong!!!

imo they are mediterrenean people..

behaviour model is not like that industrialized countries of north.. ours is also similiar.. :)
« Last Edit: 02 August 2010, 22:39:46 by cem_devecioglu »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.