Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I think I'm just gonna hand my wages over 2 Groses  (Read 2147 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: I think I'm just gonna hand my wages over 2 Groses
« Reply #15 on: 11 January 2011, 18:51:55 »

cos i was going to get the leads as you guys kindly suggested and have the garage fit them. but after ringing the garages there labour quotes were still in the 200 quid bracket (not what i was expecting) so i didnt see the point if vaux could order the parts and do it all for the same price!

sorry if ive p*ssed anyone off cos of 'waste of time helping' but i did what folks said, it didnt work out so i decided to let u guys know what i was doing.

sorry

As soon as you mention that you drive a V6 most garages see you as either a cash cow or quote you such that you'll go elsewhere cos they won't/can't do the work. When the dealer is charging £80 an hour and a set of HT lead from them are stupid money you'll soon get over £200. I'm not that convinced that HT leads are your problem. Uneven idle could be the idle air control valve (top right of the engine - right at the top) or an induction leak.  :-/
Fingers crossed for you that they sort it for you, afterall you're paying through the nose for it.  :y

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 January 2011, 18:57:26 »

eeeeerrrrm when have i mentioned there was a shortage of advice???

ive already said im sorry if you feel ive wasted your time with the help youve given me but ive explained myself and if that aint enough well im sorry for that too

:)

RIP Paul Lovejoy

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 January 2011, 19:04:28 »

If you can get to south Nottingham I will do a free full diag for you including a HT test (usuing a dummy plug).

We can then work out what REALLY needs doing and work from there.

Bent valve

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 January 2011, 19:08:49 »

cos i was going to get the leads as you guys kindly suggested and have the garage fit them. but after ringing the garages there labour quotes were still in the 200 quid bracket (not what i was expecting) so i didnt see the point if vaux could order the parts and do it all for the same price!

sorry if ive p*ssed anyone off cos of 'waste of time helping' but i did what folks said, it didnt work out so i decided to let u guys know what i was doing.

sorry
Dont feel bad about wasting anyones time, blokes on here are chomping at the bit to offer advice whether its heeded or not, we just dont like to see folks ripped off :y
on the plus side though, at least your car will be right afterwards, and i wouldnt be suprised if they replaced all six leads just to be on the safe side for the same money :) 

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 January 2011, 19:13:43 »

eeeeerrrrm when have i mentioned there was a shortage of advice???

ive already said im sorry if you feel ive wasted your time with the help youve given me but ive explained myself and if that aint enough well im sorry for that too

:)

Sorry Webby  :-[
I think Bentvalve has summed it up ...... we as a group & me personally hate seeing people pay ££hundreds for what should be a straight forward simple task.
Let us know the outcome  :y :y :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 18 queries.