Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nearly an expensive mistake - MOT Related  (Read 1532 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Nearly an expensive mistake - MOT Related
« Reply #15 on: 19 February 2011, 19:36:58 »

Well... I'm back ::) Might still have to look at the handbrake next weekend... Think the cable is rattling somewhere but wouldn't be too keen on going back there ;)

Unfortunately it looks like I'll be needing a trip to WIM fairly soon now though

It'll only be the toe that's out, surely? Or is there a wear issue?

Kevin

Yeah, it'll only be the toe that's out but they had to "do the tracking" because it was pulling and I'm not overly confident... Might just be the dreadful weather conditions and wet roads today but the front was feeling a little vague :-/ :-/

Have got a rattle at the back end... I think it's a snapped heat shield stud but will have to check... The cable's too tight for my liking too ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 February 2011, 23:00:49 »

Yeah, it'll only be the toe that's out but they had to "do the tracking" because it was pulling and I'm not overly confident... Might just be the dreadful weather conditions and wet roads today but the front was feeling a little vague :-/ :-/

Not too bad a job for a non-WIM place to do without rather it up, then?

Have got a rattle at the back end... I think it's a snapped heat shield stud but will have to check... The cable's too tight for my liking too ::)

Yep, that'll be getting to the handbrake adjuster. They come straight off without a squirt of plus gas. ::)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 February 2011, 23:05:05 »

Not too bad a job for a non-WIM place to do without rather it up, then?

Yep, that'll be getting to the handbrake adjuster. They come straight off without a squirt of plus gas. ::)

Kevin

Was keeping a reasonably close eye on them working (I'll explain when I see you next this week) but might have missed that bit when I popped out for a smoke ::)

Any easy and sensible solutions?

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 February 2011, 16:43:47 »

The rattle is the exhaust on a heat shield... I'll try and get it into them to put it right ::)

For some reason he decided it would be easier to remove the exhaust to get better access... I did advise them it wasn't necessary but :-X :-X :-X
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.