Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: prang in Insignia - police called  (Read 2778 times)

05omegav6

Re: prang in Insignia - police called
« Reply #15 on: 29 October 2014, 14:27:34 »

My wife stopped at lights and young girl in fiesta hit rear of insignia slap bang in middle. Fiesta crumpled and is a write off. Insignia has bumper and tailgate damage and one quarter panel looks bowed but given the impact it stood up well and was driveable once I kicked off the plastic lower skirt trailing on ground.

An "independent" witness appeared on scene and said to upset young girl "do not worry it is not your fault - it is her (my wife's) fault - you thought she was going through and so did I". Witness called police and gave a statement to them which obviously we do not know content. Fiesta had a young driver black box on board.

So all statements taken, nobody injured and details exchanged.

This morning the young girl's insurers have accepted full responsibility and will pay for everything.

We will now have to wait and see if police take it further.

Witness was very pally seemingly with young driver and her family when they turned up. Thankfully we did not get involved in accusations and counter accusations
Firstly, glad everyone ok :y

Secondly, the lower half of the tailgate is a plastic cover panel, damage might not be fully obvious until this is removed, so be sure it is assessed properly/independently if TP are repairing.

Likewise same applies to rear bumper... if the bumper is cracked, the crash bar will be bent, even if the bumper still sits right. This may also have affected the rear panel, again easy enough to ignore by simply replacing the bumper.

To be assessed properly, the rear of the car needs stripping. I wouldn't trust the third party repairers to do this. You have the right to have the car repaired at any garage... personally I would take it to Vauxhall if your dealer has a repair facility.

As to the witness statement, the Fiestas insurers have accepted full liability, so they consider it to be their drivers fault, regardless of any statements made... after all, drivers have a duty to stop in the space available and proceed only when the road ahead is clear, and then, with caution. Sounds like the other driver either misinterpreted the situation or hadn't seen your wife stopped. Net result is the same... not your wifes fault :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.