Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Massive thank you to JamesMV6  (Read 1121 times)

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
Massive thank you to JamesMV6
« on: 13 March 2011, 21:06:30 »

James came round today to do my cambelt for nothing. As ever, he was pleasant and cheerful and explained everything as he worked, to me, a relative amateur  :)

Turns out it was a timely change, I bought the car not knowing exactly when the belt was last changed and it was definitely on its last legs, showing small crazing patterns on its surface. The aux belt was even worse, with deep cracks showing all over. The timing belt cover had seen better days too, someone had snapped it clean in half at some point, making it difficult to replace without rubbing on one of the pulleys, making an 'uncomfortable' noise.

James was in fact reluctant to leave the car as it was, but having seen the way he had meticulously gone through everything, I knew that it was nothing serious, and I'm happy to report that it's now quiet as a mouse, as both of us suspected  :y

So thank you once again James, I have no hesitation about recommending your work to anyone  :y

I was also quite embarrassed about the fact that he did it free of charge, but he's a genuine Omega enthusiast and enjoys meeting new people and passing on his knowledge to us mortals  :y

Cheers mate,

Jon
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
Re: Massive thank you to JamesMV6
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2011, 21:11:12 »

welldone james  very good of you to help out especially on a freebie :y :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2011, 21:23:33 »

I have a load you can come and do for me James  ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2011, 21:30:49 »

I have a load you can come and do for me James  ;D
Now there's an idea ;D ;D
Retired

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2011, 21:50:43 »

Jon, you're very welcome mate - it was indeed a timely change!

Unfortunately, as Jon said, a previous butcher 'mechanic' had broken the cambelt cover, probably by trying to remove it without taking off the aux belt tensioner / PAS pulley, is my guess.

This cover basically fell into two halves, and rubbed the bottom pulley for a couple of minutes, so there is nothing we can do without a new cover, which we didn't have  :-[

Otherwise - Job went fine!
By the way, gents, please don't feel I'm taking business away from you... not the intention in the slightest, I really am only doing the odd one now and again, to give me my V6 fix  :y :y
« Last Edit: 13 March 2011, 21:51:25 by JamesV6CDX »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 March 2011, 21:52:28 »

Oh, and you can't say it was for nothing, you more than covered my fuel costs, and the Stella will go down a treat  :D

We also really enjoyed the drive..

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2011, 21:57:24 »

Unfortunately, as Jon said, a previous butcher 'mechanic' had broken the cambelt cover, probably by trying to remove it without taking off the aux belt tensioner / PAS pulley, is my guess.

This cover basically fell into two halves, and rubbed the bottom pulley for a couple of minutes, so there is nothing we can do without a new cover, which we didn't have  :-[

By the way, gents, please don't feel I'm taking business away from you... not the intention in the slightest, I really am only doing the odd one now and again, to give me my V6 fix  :y :y
James I'm working in Gloucester now and have access to a very clean workshop with ramps etc, do you want to help me with an auto to manual conversion :)
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2011, 22:00:43 »

James I'm working in Gloucester now and have access to a very clean workshop with ramps etc, do you want to help me with an auto to manual conversion :)

I'll certainly come and help you with that, Jim, dates permitting.

Maybe we could help each other out, then, as I need to to an AR35 swap-out in the near future!  :y

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2011, 22:08:24 »

I'll certainly come and help you with that, Jim, dates permitting.

Maybe we could help each other out, then, as I need to to an AR35 swap-out in the near future!  :y
Sounds like a plan :y
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2011, 22:54:58 »

To befair if you want to do them for free thats up to you  :y butlike i say if your up here and fancy o a day of freebeeies i set you up with some  ;D ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.