Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Performance Figures  (Read 8067 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Performance Figures
« Reply #45 on: 10 October 2006, 08:44:27 »

I'm sure someone will officially try their's down the strip this weekend ;) - alas, not me, as I will be in a 1.8 Rover diesel as we are borrowing a caravan, and I (rightly) have no towbar on MV6.
Grumpy old man

Omega-MV6

• Calne, Wiltshire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10 October 2006, 11:13:28 »

Hello.

Yes, it's Ex-Plod, goes all the way to the red line..  8-)

Over 5 runs.... ahem;

Run 1 = 8.0
Run 2 = 7.8
Run 3 = 8.2
Run 4 = 7.9
Run 5 = 7.6

The above times were with a passenger timing, and me shouting "STOP", when it got to 62
So I tried it without the Passenger and using the Stop watch thats built in.
I only got 4 runs in, as the old bill got wind of what was was going on, so I ran for it.

But here we go.. ahem;

Run 1 = 7.9
Run 2 = 7.9
Run 3 = 7.8
Run 4 = 7.9

Cheers.

Matt
There are only 10 types of people in the world.....
......Those that understand binary, and those that don't

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10 October 2006, 11:48:21 »

So about 8s - which is about stated figure for manual, but as yours revs higher than standard, that may help a tad...
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #48 on: 10 October 2006, 12:25:42 »

I'm sure someone will officially try their's down the strip this weekend ;) - alas, not me, as I will be in a 1.8 Rover diesel as we are borrowing a caravan, and I (rightly) have no towbar on MV6.

What is this worry about tow bars, Omegas make fantastic tow bars and having to borrow a small wrong wheel drive crap tow car is silly, now stop being silly and get a tow bar fitted so you can see why we rave about these cars!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10 October 2006, 13:39:14 »

What is this worry about tow bars, Omegas make fantastic tow bars and having to borrow a small wrong wheel drive crap tow car is silly, now stop being silly and get a tow bar fitted so you can see why we rave about these cars!
More chance of me getting lpg on it ;)

I have nothing to tow normally. When I do need to tow, I borrow a car. If Vx had wanted the MV6 to have a towbar, they would have fitted it at the factory  ;D
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #50 on: 10 October 2006, 17:05:58 »

More chance of me getting lpg on it ;)

I have nothing to tow normally. When I do need to tow, I borrow a car. If Vx had wanted the MV6 to have a towbar, they would have fitted it at the factory  ;D

So why is there trailer wiring in the boot and all the holes are pimpled?

They also do dealer fitted ones as well!!!!

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10 October 2006, 17:28:18 »

So about 8s - which is about stated figure for manual, but as yours revs higher than standard, that may help a tad...

Fit a rubber crankshaft....you don't have to rev so high...... ;)
I like red cars

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10 October 2006, 21:48:16 »

The quoted figure for the manual is quite easy to beat, as are most factory 0-60 figures for manual cars in my experience. It just depends how hard you want to be on the car. If you're happy to dump the clutch at 5000 RPM (with TCS off), can control the wheelspin by modulating the throttle, and do the 1st-2nd shift on the rev limiter, I reckon 7 seconds isn't that difficult. Problem being that if you do it too often there's a fair chance things will break, and you'll get through a shed load of tyres!

Hence the 8s for a manual 3.0 is foot to the floor and shifting near the red line, but not a highly aggressive launch - gentle enough that it can be done without breaking things.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 18 queries.