Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TC - simplicity itself !  (Read 1236 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
TC - simplicity itself !
« on: 11 September 2007, 17:10:17 »

Went to Skurray's, Hillmead, Swindon this afternoon to use the TC for the first time, and after reading some of the problems stated in other threads I was expecting the worst .. never happened !

Guy on the parts counter took one look at the card, said "ahh autobahnstormers - Lotus Carlton is it?".. I said "No Omega Elite" .. he said "nice - you don't need to register as we already have them on the system - what are you after? " .... we went through my list - antifreeze is out of stock, all the rest was there within 5 minutes, and I got a discount on the non-tradeclub bits as well !

Total saving I reckon was about £65 and the card cost £20 !! So more than paid for on its first use.

Well impressed  :)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: TC - simplicity itself !
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2007, 17:15:40 »

Had exactly the same at Lookers in Yardley, Birmingham. TC already set up, knowledgable chap and friendly as well!
Tend to find it's a bit hit and miss at other dealers, if you get the right person behind the parts counter your fine.

I now also go in with a list of VX part numbers, makes life easier for everyone!  :y
« Last Edit: 11 September 2007, 17:17:07 by VXL_V6 »

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2007, 17:17:39 »

:y

Now go to Halfords, show them your trade invoice and TC card, and ask the manager nicely if you could have a Halfords TC.

It takes them about five minutes to enter your details onto the computer, and they give you a card there and then.
I like red cars

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2007, 17:19:20 »

Now go to Halfords, show them your trade invoice and TC card, and ask the manager nicely if you could have a Halfords TC.

It takes them about five minutes to enter your details onto the computer, and they give you a card there and then.

and then its off to Eurocar parts...same as  :y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2007, 17:25:25 »

Eurocar don't give you a card or anything, they just set you up on their computer, again while you wait.
I like red cars

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2007, 17:48:21 »

Eurocar don't give you a card or anything, they just set you up on their computer, again while you wait.

Aye but its all money money money :)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 September 2007, 18:13:00 »

You lucky sods people.so i know where to go if i need anything   ;D ;D ;D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #7 on: 11 September 2007, 18:19:51 »

Went to Skurray's, Hillmead, Swindon this afternoon to use the TC for the first time, and after reading some of the problems stated in other threads I was expecting the worst .. never happened !

Guy on the parts counter took one look at the card, said "ahh autobahnstormers - Lotus Carlton is it?".. I said "No Omega Elite" .. he said "nice - you don't need to register as we already have them on the system - what are you after? " .... we went through my list - antifreeze is out of stock, all the rest was there within 5 minutes, and I got a discount on the non-tradeclub bits as well !

Total saving I reckon was about £65 and the card cost £20 !! So more than paid for on its first use.

Well impressed  :)

Hillmead parts dept is fine......tho the drove road branch i have found to be more knowledgable.....i think the two parts guys there have probably been working for vx since day1  ;D Tho has to be said Hillmead carry more stock.

Did you ask for antifreeze in 5L or 1L?? Coz if they didnt have any 5L containers.......its only works out to be about £1 more if you buy 5x1L  :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 September 2007, 19:27:49 »

Thanks for that info .. but seems they have no antifreeze at all .. on backorder at present ... the flush will have to wait a week or two ... with the gearbox fluid change, brake fluid change, front discs & pads, and the full breather clean... I think I have sufficient work to keep me going !! :)

Just hope I don't have to ask too many stupid questions !!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #9 on: 11 September 2007, 20:22:43 »

Thanks for that info .. but seems they have no antifreeze at all .. on backorder at present ... the flush will have to wait a week or two ... with the gearbox fluid change, brake fluid change, front discs & pads, and the full breather clean... I think I have sufficient work to keep me going !! :)

Just hope I don't have to ask too many stupid questions !!

Makes you wonder how they do a full service then......oh silly me....they obviously dont bother to change the coolant >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.