Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to buy an MV6  (Read 631 times)

trev

• View Profile
Looking to buy an MV6
« on: 09 January 2008, 23:03:46 »

Hello everybody :)

I am new here, looking to buy a manual MV6 for a bit of fun! I have been searching through the site, loads of info!

What do you all think a high milage (circa 150-200k) 1999 ex cop car MV6 estate in white is worth?   and would there still be some usable life left in it?

Many thanks!

Trev.
« Last Edit: 09 January 2008, 23:04:53 by trevkx125 »

Bandit127

Re: Looking to buy an MV6
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2008, 23:31:41 »

There will be someone along shortly to tell you why ex Plod Omegas are a money pit and not worth having as much as a good private example.

Mine is a W reg, 00 and cost 2.5k from a dealer. 68k miles, FDSH and in good nick. Privately it's probably worth half that.

And one hell of a motor BTW.

Jim

P.S Missed the "manual" bit on your post, compromising on auto makes life easier. In more ways than one..
« Last Edit: 09 January 2008, 23:33:40 by Bandit127 »

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to buy an MV6
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2008, 00:31:58 »

Had mine two years, and yes they're great fun. Know a mate who has an ex cop MV6 (mine is the full retail version) and he got it really cheap as an auto and converted it to manual -- fair shifts and is great fun to drive.

Depends how much you want to spend really, I'd always go for the retail model myself as they're much better specced (sports seats are particularly nice) but can be double the price of an ex-cop. Easier to find ex-cop models in manual, but there are retail ones out there (like mine) although they will fetch a little more than autos.

I'd expect an ex plod with high miles like that to be going around the £5-600 mark, even as a manual. Don't expect it to be mint, it will probably need a bit of work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.