Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MV6 Advice on performance  (Read 2406 times)

106rallye

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
Re: MV6 Advice on performance
« Reply #30 on: 13 April 2008, 13:25:43 »

Off, as tiniest bit of wheelspin is not a bad thing - though on the later cars, it shouldn't make a massive difference was you should be well on your way before it starts to kill engine power (it attempts to brake spinning wheel first) if you know how to launch a car properly.

THe TC on my 94 car is terrible! if it wasnt that my parents occasionally use the car id just remove the fuse.

Thinking about it the road was slightly damp so that would of went in the rwd's favour, ack who cares, lol its all pub talk anyway!   :y
sideways is the way forward!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: MV6 Advice on performance
« Reply #31 on: 13 April 2008, 13:56:33 »

Off, as tiniest bit of wheelspin is not a bad thing - though on the later cars, it shouldn't make a massive difference was you should be well on your way before it starts to kill engine power (it attempts to brake spinning wheel first) if you know how to launch a car properly.

My 3.2 is still pretty bad with TC on. In my experience, it will have a go with the brakes if you are applying the throttle gradually and everything happens slowly (worked great the when I had to tow a trailer out of a muddy field). In this instance you can hear the ABS pump fire up and feel the brakes binding.

If you're trying to "launch it", however, it just falls on its' nose at the first sign of any slip. If you don't come right off the throttle at this point the power comes in again quite violently, and that unsettles the back end again, so you kangaroo up the road. I can certainly do better with the TC off. Having said that, apply full throttle smoothly in a straight line on a decent road surface and you won't be anywhere near breaking traction on 235s, and you'll get down into the 7's 0-60.

In a manual, of course, the temptation is to dump the clutch a bit too vigourously, and you can always brake traction that way. [smiley=evil.gif]

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.