Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oil on plugs  (Read 694 times)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
Oil on plugs
« on: 16 May 2008, 09:57:00 »

Checked and cleaned my breathers yesterday and was quite surprissed at the ammount of oil I found on plug leads when I removed one to get better access to spring clip on back breather box.I had suspected that I had a slight?? oil leak from the cam covers and this was on my list of jobs to do when I get around to doing timing belt and camshaft upgrades.
It appears that the plug lead was dripping with oil,albeit I only ever see a very small oil leak around 2 of the bolts on nearside cover and small area on the front bottom of the sump cover by bottom pulley.
Question is what detrimental effect will this (puddle)of oil the plugs must be sitting in have caused,and whilst I am aware oil is not good on the dispack and leads,at present they all seem to be totally dry,should I be planning to replace them all aswell when I get things stripped down.

albitz

Re: Oil on plugs
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2008, 10:56:32 »

i would fix the leak asap.if the engine isnt misfiring then you are probably lucky ,and havent damaged the dis pack,but it wont be long.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2008, 11:22:46 »

Yes that was my thoughts aswell,trouble is time (as always)car is on road 6+ hours a day and was waiting for decent dry weekend to do the lot in one go.
Might just do cam gaskets when have a few hours and leave big job of belt/tensioners and cam replacements till next month,by then it may have stopped raining on the only day I seem to be available

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2008, 11:52:35 »

It really goes without saying that if the cambelt kit is due then you shouldn't put it off, esp as it sounds like you are doing a fair old mileage..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.