Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Oil Leak...  (Read 1529 times)

eddys

• View Profile
Re: Oil Leak...
« Reply #15 on: 09 August 2008, 22:42:28 »

its not coming from the top of the engine. I would have seen it from the covers and smelt it from the exhaust. It lower down. I dont mean run the engine with the cap off just drill a small hole in the cap to realease the pressure that the breathers arnt doing at the moment.

It hasnt been leaking for a period of time as it was completely no oil there yesterday. And has come on all of a sudden
« Last Edit: 09 August 2008, 22:43:22 by eddd »

jimmas

• stevenage, herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 August 2008, 22:45:12 »

if it's not the cam covers, then i can only think of a head leak, as not much else in that region could cause a leak

jimmas

• stevenage, herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 August 2008, 22:47:36 »

I am not sure were the oil pressure swithch is located in the block on the v6 but these can leak as far as i no, can you not jack up the front in the morning and have a quick look up from underneath and try and see were the oil starts from

eddys

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 August 2008, 22:53:19 »

if it's not the cam covers, then i can only think of a head leak, as not much else in that region could cause a leak

Im sure there loads its can leak from? Front crankshaft oil seal i guess. Im going to drill a 6mm hole in the oil cap to allow it to realease some of the pressure build up. I think blocked breathers it very likely as it hadnt been serviced in a good 2 years.

jimmas

• stevenage, herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 August 2008, 22:56:34 »

breathers will be a good place to start, and cam cover gasket replacement, but clearly further investigation required when you get back from holiday, let us no how you got on.

eddys

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 August 2008, 09:28:39 »

update

after drilling the holes it doesnt leak as much now. but its defenatly still leaking the front tray is full of oil. im guess it cant be upto as you would smell it because of the amount of oil.

How much do people think it would cost to get the front crank seal done at a garage?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.