Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone removed facelift front bumper???  (Read 481 times)

Neil_MV6

• Sutton Coldfield-West Midlands
    • View Profile
Anyone removed facelift front bumper???
« on: 22 July 2009, 11:38:18 »

I dropped my girlfriend Andrea at the train station last week, and whilst following a BMW 1-series at low speed, she suddenly stopped without signalling and tried to reverse into a parking space without realising I was behind her… and yes she hit me. :o

It wasn’t a hard bump and she had only reversed about a metre before making contact.  I checked my bumper there wasn’t even a mark, so I didn’t bother exchanging details (lesson learned here!).

It was only a couple of days later when I was looking at my car head-on, I noticed the bumper was out of alignment and in fact it had been pushed in about a centimetre on the side of impact, and had come out the other side slightly more. When I checked it at the time I didn’t think to look at the other side….grrr!  >:(

Anyway, whilst trying to push it back in, the bumper has now cracked where a previous repair has been done!!!!

I want to straighten the bumper and repair the crack but I have a feeling it ain’t gonna be very straightforward to get the bumper off.

Anyone taken a bumper off a Facelift MV6 (2002)?, is it easy or are there hidden fastenings? Any advice please????

Thanks
Neil
« Last Edit: 22 July 2009, 15:01:21 by Neil_MV6 »

Agemo

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes
  • Insignia
    • View Profile
Re: A word of advice & help removing front bumper???
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2009, 12:34:13 »

Yup, lesson learned. Too late now, moving on, you are in the West Mids, good part of the world to get spares, they apprear on ebay fairly often, so it may well be easier, quicker, and cheaper, to buy another bumper, it will need spraying, as yours will. Not taken one off a facelift before, I am sure someone here will advise. There was an MV6 one went for £50 recently. Good luck.

Neil_MV6

• Sutton Coldfield-West Midlands
    • View Profile
Re: A word of advice & help removing front bumper???
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2009, 13:20:05 »

The crack isn't so serious it can't be filled and sprayed, I can do that no probs, it's just whether the mountings behind have been pushed in or whether it's the bumper that's been deformed...and can't really see till I get it off....I'm just sure it's gonna be a bit of a mare to find all the bolts and fastenings that need removing!! :-/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.