Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitting mud flaps  (Read 707 times)

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
Fitting mud flaps
« on: 02 November 2009, 15:37:54 »

I'm intending to fit a set of mudflaps but noticed on the front wheels, the arch liner overlaps the metal wing returns. Therefore is it OK to attach the mudflap clamp to the arch liner or can you cut away the liner to expose the metal return?

Back wheels are fine as the arch liner is inside the metal return.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting mud flaps
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2009, 15:58:23 »

one on our 3.0 clips to the back of the arching, the trouble with them is, the Vx ones are very big. Even just going a brisk pace along a bumpy road i find myself grinding the bottom off them  :(
« Last Edit: 02 November 2009, 15:58:37 by tunnie »

Ghost

• Omega Baron
  • Seaham, North East england
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2009, 19:52:57 »

Personaly I would not bother with them, as they will make a lot of noise with different road surfaces or when turning. If you know what I mean.
He who brakes Looses
To old to die young

mantahatch

« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2009, 20:07:43 »

I have genuine mudflaps on my 96, to stop the front wheels rubbing on them trim the inner edge at about a 45 degree angle and it is cured.

I saw a facelift model this weekend that had moulded mud flaps and they looked really good. Don't no if they where genuine but the fit was excellant.

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
  • carn't get up dont go out!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 November 2009, 20:31:56 »

mine has them on, they are (U bolts) if you clean down the plastic should see the drill holes markings, mud flaps are better than not having them i hate it when cars dont have them on, all the muck and stones they throw up, one time a car throw up a stone and crack my wind screen was bit pist*** then 10 minutes later cop pulled me up and gave me a ticket for driving with a damaged windsceen, so had to pay for a new windscreen and ticket £160.(ticket)
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.

Ziad

• Omega Knight
  • Bahrain
  • They say money talks,but all mine says is Goodbye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 November 2009, 03:14:46 »

I'm intending to fit a set of mudflaps but noticed on the front wheels, the arch liner overlaps the metal wing returns. Therefore is it OK to attach the mudflap clamp to the arch liner or can you cut away the liner to expose the metal return?

I dont have 'em mudflaps and the bloody rather Mannai here does not carry these mudflaps ... may I ask where you purchased them and how much? Also, could you please check the high-mount brake light (in the back windshield if available mate?)  :y

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 November 2009, 06:46:50 »

I dont have 'em mudflaps and the bloody rather Mannai here does not carry these mudflaps ... may I ask where you purchased them and how much? Also, could you please check the high-mount brake light (in the back windshield if available mate?)  :y
Thats right, you can't get mudflaps here. I got mine when I was back in the UK off ebay. Stuck 'em in a suitcase and brought them over amongst other things.

I'm sure you will be able to get them posted from the UK (ebay) as the package wont be too big, but sometimes it does take a while to arrive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.