Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear blind on 02 Elite  (Read 446 times)

Malcolm_D

• Intermediate Member
  • York
  • It shines!
    • View Profile
Rear blind on 02 Elite
« on: 06 September 2010, 20:44:11 »

It was working but now when I press the switch all I get is a clicking noise at the rear of the car. There is power getting through as the clicking noise stopped when I disconnected the wiring connection in the boot, I reckon something is stuck.
The question is how do I get the blind assembly off? I have removed the 3 nuts inside the boot but it does not move and I cannot see any other fixings. Do I need to remove the cover on the rear shelf, if so how?

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
Re: Rear blind on 02 Elite
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2010, 20:52:18 »

Ive just fixed mine,took rear shelf out,the blind was kept on by 6 10mm bolts,then on poss to take little black box off then three torx screw then another three torx to open up the motor,have a look at the clogs inside to make sure everything is ok,there is a cracking how too in the mant section :y

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2010, 20:59:08 »

I dont know if the blind can be taken out without taking out of the shelf . I was taken the shelf out anyways but on the motor the pin had got jammed on the brass bearing thats on the motor cover,but my rear blind is up and down like a fiddler elbow when the kids are in the car ;D ;D ;D

mantahatch

« Reply #3 on: 06 September 2010, 21:00:59 »

Remove rear seat base, bend up tags on rear seat corner pieces and remove them. Remove headrests. Remove headrest support tubes (X6 just squeeze in tags at the rear of tube). Fold down the seat backrest. Remove clip the that secures the centre arm rest in the upright postion. remove the three push in clips holding the front edge of the parcel shelf. Remove the trim strip along the bottom edge of the parcel shelf. release the trim piece over the centre seat belt.
Now in boot, undo the three nuts. At the extreme rear edge of shelf just under rear window there are three clips, I find t easier to squeeze with pliers and just push in a little bit to release.
Disconnect wiring. Now it is a case of manouvering the shelf out, I find it easier to withdraw from one side. At this point it gets involved wth the rear seat belts at each side.. It will come out but is a bit of a fiddle.

The rubber bellows type things just pull put.

This was on a CDX model and you may have Bose speakers to consider.

HTH

I found with mine I had to lubricate the top bearing on the motor gears as it was dry. Do not attempt to operate the blind with t removed from the shelf. The mechanism twists and the motor does not have the power to raise t properly when twisted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.