Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crankshaft oil Seal  (Read 550 times)

jordan681

• Sc unthorpe, North Lincs
    • Irmscher 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
Crankshaft oil Seal
« on: 30 October 2010, 13:57:01 »

Hi there,

does anybody know how to change the rear crankshaft oils seal on a 2000 f/l mv6, and a how 2 would be helpful..

or even better is there anybody in the north lincs area or someone will to travel that can do it for me, as am not mechanicly minded..  lol
Always looking for a bargin..  PM me if u have any uprated Miggy parts...

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Crankshaft oil Seal
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2010, 19:09:11 »

Hi there,

does anybody know how to change the rear crankshaft oils seal on a 2000 f/l mv6, and a how 2 would be helpful..

or even better is there anybody in the north lincs area or someone will to travel that can do it for me, as am not mechanicly minded..  lol

A How Too would be helpful if you fancy doing one mate :y

You will need to remove the gearbox, dual mass fly wheel if manual or the flitch plate I think its called on an auto. Once all thats off not to bad a job really ;D ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Welung666

« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2010, 20:42:33 »

It's a manual Daz :y

I can do it for you Jordan, are you sure it's the crank seal though? Probably best to replace the clutch friction plate though if it's had oil on it :(

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2010, 05:11:59 »

don't forget a smear of clean oil on the crank side of the seal.
I neglected this minor detail in the excitement of having pulled the gear box etc on my own on the drive. put the car back together and had to jump start it. took it straight out for a spin and got home to a puddle of oil where the seal had torn. >:( ended up paying £200 to have the 'box dropped again to change the seal. would had done it myself second time round but shoulders had seized from unexpected use lifting 'box back in... ::)

jordan681

• Sc unthorpe, North Lincs
    • Irmscher 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2010, 09:23:59 »

Thanks for all the help fellas

To add to my confusion i found this on the site this morning, and this too describes my situation so i am at a loss of what to do

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1288358395

I had the clutch changed in Sept 09, when i bought it (bought it with failed clutch) so It has done this for aslong as I've owned the car, and have traveled over 15000mile in this condition.

And thanks Welung666 how much would u charge for doing it and would i come to you or you to me..??
Always looking for a bargin..  PM me if u have any uprated Miggy parts...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 18 queries.