Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few small niggles  (Read 562 times)

ValleysOmega

• View Profile
A few small niggles
« on: 17 October 2010, 21:26:19 »

I changed my tyres on the front and noticed since there is a grinding, I believe it's the passenger side, my thought is that it's the bearing that's gone.
Also I have a ticking when I first start up, when the engine heats up it seems to clear, however I don't believe I have the power I should have, reading up it sounds like the exhaust system, especially as the orange emissions light is on constantly.
Any ideas if i'm heading in the right direction with my fault finding here? :-/

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
Re: A few small niggles
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2010, 22:09:19 »

The ticking on start up which clears when engine is warm, in my personal experience could be your exhaust manifold gasket, or as you say the exhaust. Hopefully on your 4 pot it will be alot easier to do than it was on my v6! This could have on impact on your power, comsumption, and emmissions as you say.
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2010, 22:17:19 »

The exhaust manifolds on the Desmonds (2 2) have a habit of cracking :(
Retired

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2010, 22:42:36 »

The exhaust manifolds on the Desmonds (2 2) have a habit of cracking :(

???? Do tell EP  :D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

ValleysOmega

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2010, 00:23:36 »

Starting to get annoyed now, the grinding is definately coming from the passenger side front wheel, if the mrs is in the car it is louder, (she'd kill me for saying it but more weight)!! ;D I believe it to be the bearing but I never had this happening before I changed the front two tyres. Maybe just a coincidence. Still down on power and getting mighty fed up of having less power than a vauxhall viva in neutral! Any ideas guys?

Kneepad

• Omega Knight
  • West Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2010, 10:11:46 »

Starting to get annoyed now, the grinding is definately coming from the passenger side front wheel, if the mrs is in the car it is louder, (she'd kill me for saying it but more weight)!! ;D I believe it to be the bearing but I never had this happening before I changed the front two tyres. Maybe just a coincidence. Still down on power and getting mighty fed up of having less power than a vauxhall viva in neutral! Any ideas guys?

You will have to get the wheel off and investigate. Could be something as simple as backplate rubbing on disk. Pad worn down to metal.

Check exhaust manifold for cracks. Use torch and mirror to inspect hard to reach bits.

Welung666

« Reply #6 on: 03 November 2010, 10:17:46 »

You say the noise started after you had 2 new tyres on the front? Swop the front to rear and vice versa and try it again. It could just be noisy tyres :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 November 2010, 10:45:39 »

You will have to get the wheel off and investigate. Could be something as simple as backplate rubbing on disk. Pad worn down to metal.

Check exhaust manifold for cracks. Use torch and mirror to inspect hard to reach bits.

Agreed. Bearings generally rumble but check for play in the wheel while it's jacked up. I agree most likely a worn pad or something rubbing. Does the noise change when braking?

Is the new tyre rubbing against the suspension strut perhaps?

You need to read the engine ECU codes. Unfortunately, it probably needs someone with a code reader on the "Desmond" ;D.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.