Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power cable  (Read 1415 times)

NML

• View Profile
Power cable
« on: 01 July 2007, 11:17:19 »

I'm trying to get some 4awg power cable from the engine bay through into the car but can seem to do it. Can anyone give me some advice?

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Power cable
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2007, 12:13:49 »

Ok, do it this way.

Go through 1st grommet on passenger side, carrying the main wiring loom. Cut carefully above the loomand use a little oil to ease the cable through.

now it gets fiddly as you have to go past pollen filter and through the big grommet into the cabin.
In order to remove this you should remove the glove box for improved access.

Once you have cut though that grommet, feed the wire through completely. Now before you replace the grommets, make sure your wire is the right length in the engine bay (and has a fuse no more than 6 inches from the battery).

If it is then you want to use a little bathroom sealant on the grommets before refitting.

That is the hardest part done. Then it is simply, remove kick strips down the passenger side, feed wire underneath and replace.

Getting into the boot is quite straightforward. :)

Be aware though, a standard 5m power cable only just reaches the boot area. You wiuld need to mount a splitter for the power cable right in the corner.
The Administrator.

2001CatOwner

• Across the Pond (Wisconsin)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2007, 04:57:30 »

I did that about the same but i went for the boot on the driver's side then ran it partway through the dash and out the bottom.  Mine was also 4g.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2007, 15:32:44 »

Lol.....in the US the cars are left hand drive but, there right hand drive in the Uk.....so you both ran the cable down the same side which makes good sense as the left side of the car has the main loom and battery.

2001CatOwner

• Across the Pond (Wisconsin)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2007, 04:49:35 »

Lol.....in the US the cars are left hand drive but, there right hand drive in the Uk.....so you both ran the cable down the same side which makes good sense as the left side of the car has the main loom and battery.

I knew that. . . ::) i was only stating. . . i would like to drive on the left-side of the road more often but the tickets get expensive. . . maybe one of the members would let me take out their car if i ever ended up there. . . as you'll could drive mine, if you ended up here! :) :y
« Last Edit: 06 July 2007, 04:51:14 by 2001CatOwner »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.