Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CDR2005/Trafficmaster Oracle.  (Read 885 times)

robbo299

• luton, beds
    • View Profile
CDR2005/Trafficmaster Oracle.
« on: 11 February 2008, 19:34:04 »

Hi, Need some advice. Just swapped my Sony single din radio/cd in a double din adapter unit for replacement CDR2005. Just had to replace one connector and plug in TM Oracle which had been disconnected from the Sony unit. All powered up ok and radio worked but i had no radio display on the dash display unit. The radio fitter ( 20 years experience working with vauxhalls ) disconnected the TM Oracle and display appeared as normal on dash display. Steering wheel controls work as they should. Checked all the plug connection for breaks and they seemed fine. It was starting to get dark so decided to go as it is and leave TM Oracle to a later date. Anybody got any suggestions as to what may be wrong?

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: CDR2005/Trafficmaster Oracle.
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2008, 22:49:56 »

From memory (what's left of it!) There isn't much to the TM loom, in theory it only needs +12V, 0V, Mute and Left channel input.

To test the loom it's possible to unplug the TM module at the connector in the TM unit, from there you should be able to prove if it's loom or TM unit at fault.

One other thing to bear in mind is that the switched and permanent live feeds for the head unit are switched over in Vauxhalls. If you've had another head unit fitted it may be that the loom has been altered.
« Last Edit: 11 February 2008, 22:52:17 by VXL_V6 »

robbo299

• luton, beds
    • View Profile
Re: CDR2005/Trafficmaster Oracle.
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2008, 23:59:50 »

Thanx for reply. The fitter did change one lead over as this was a Sony adapter lead. I didn't check to see if the TM switch on the dash lit up. I believe it lights up to show its active. As for the TM unit i couldn't see it when he took radio out. From posts on here the positioning of the unit may vary. I have got another TM unit and lead set from e-bay just in case i needed one. Will take the small panel off by the drivers window to see if switch is connected and try and trace leads to the control unit when i get time. Apart from that radio, steering wheel controls, display and Bose system all working ok.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.