Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wiring questions  (Read 1165 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Wiring questions
« on: 24 June 2008, 17:33:55 »

I'm just fitting the Lpg loom and I can remember most of it, but I have a few mental blocks and I cannot recall a few connections. (I don't have a diagram here for the car)

please can anyone advise -

1) Which wire in the ECU box the rpm signal is? 44/green?
2) Which one for the lambda? Can anyone check?
3) What's the best source in the engine bay for a live 12v feed, only when ignition is on?

Also, I'm a bit confused about the wiring from front to back for the electro valves. I know two spade connectors go on the vaporisor - are these the blue and black directly from the loom? And do I need to splice the wires from the tank valve into these two?

I feel I'm having a crap day after blowing up the CDX but looking at it, I've actually made some reasonable progress..

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Wiring questions
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2008, 00:47:08 »

It's the only plain light green wire IIRC.,
I will have a look tomorrow. Haynes manual is your friend.
3) What's the best source in the engine bay for a live 12v feed, only when ignition is on?
Look for a black wire going to the (unused) fan diagnostic connector in the relay box (little green square connector) or indeed the black wire to the ECU.
Also, I'm a bit confused about the wiring from front to back for the electro valves. I know two spade connectors go on the vaporisor - are these the blue and black directly from the loom? And do I need to splice the wires from the tank valve into these two?
Yep. Tank valve goes in parallel to the vapouriser valve which is the blue and black pair IIRC.
I feel I'm having a crap day after blowing up the CDX but looking at it, I've actually made some reasonable progress..

Sounds like you're doing well. Shame the CDX decided to wait until you'd done loads of work on it before grenading though. Any idea what happened? I'm guessing it threw a rod if there's oil dropped. :(

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2008, 01:32:36 »

Cheers Kev you've confirmed much of what I wanted to hear  :D

The oil light had flickered from idle a few times on the CDX. I thought it was just old oil so I chnaged it and it went away.

Alas, it came back with a vengance!

The engine will actually turn over still but the noise is so awful, it's clearly a gonner ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 June 2008, 10:32:32 »

Mmm. Sounds like the oil pressure was probably marginal (it only takes a few pounds to extinguish the light) and the bottom end let go.

Regarding the Lambda sensor wires, the 2.0 is an odd one because it has the 5v titania sensors. Wiring diagram shows 2 pins going to the sensor (ignoring the heater) with no indication which pin is which. I can't remember which is which. Have a prod with a digital multimeter on volts, engine running and up to temperature. You'll find one pin sits at between 4 and 5 volts and moves around only a little. The other will be banging up and down between 0.5v and 4.5v approx. The latter is the one you want.  :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 June 2008, 10:35:06 »

Pin 20 of the ECU - Green wire.

On the 2/3 engines they use a floating lambda sensor, I suspect the pin you want is pin 10 Black/Yellow (if not try pin 36 Yellow)

Pin 17 of the ECU black or the wire sudgested by Kevin (its the same connection)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2008, 10:45:15 »

Cheers both.

I will go out with my soldering gun :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.