Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help please heater experts  (Read 868 times)

sexydaz

help please heater experts
« on: 02 November 2009, 17:14:12 »

mi heater packed in sunday worked on sat dead on sun,all the climate fascia works checked fuses all ok.took mi glovebox out and im assuming thats the fan box right behind it.theres some wires go to it from behind facia,pos and neg plus 2 others.they go to like a plug and then to a box,2 wires go off to the fan through a rubber gromit,the other 2 wires blue and white/orange when turning fan speed up and down fluctuate on volt meter from slow speed 1.5 volts to all the bars on 4.9 volts.does anyone know if this is how it should be and is the fault pointing to the fan or is there somat else to look for,the fan looks like a bugger to change cheers

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: help please heater experts
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2009, 17:36:34 »

sounds like speed controller is failing. Not got wet (due to blocked scuttle drain) has it?
Grumpy old man

sexydaz

« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2009, 17:45:39 »

thanks for replying mr boy ive just been looking at an old post and all the symptoms are the same im gonna try an earth direct to motor to see if the fan works  and goin by the price of it if thats what it is i might do a temp switch till i can source one cheers

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2009, 18:03:30 »

thanks for replying mr boy ive just been looking at an old post and all the symptoms are the same im gonna try an earth direct to motor to see if the fan works  and goin by the price of it if thats what it is i might do a temp switch till i can source one cheers
contact one of the breakers on this site
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 November 2009, 18:07:42 »

i'd start by making sure the scuttle drain is clear.....

sexydaz

« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2009, 17:06:27 »

just put an earth to the motor today and the fan is fine so for the time being ive put a switched earth to it so i can demist.thanks for the replys,this scuttle drain im assuming is nearside bulkhead by the what i think is a pollen filter and what do i do give it a poke out and a gentle blow down,thats if its where it is cheers

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 November 2009, 17:22:12 »

Go to maintenance guides and Jimbobs excellent index http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1246003998 :y

Select 'cleaning the scuttle drain' http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1167524083

I always find reading about the task easier than motivating myself to go outside and actually carry out the task  ::)
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.