Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose system  (Read 3507 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Bose system
« Reply #30 on: 01 February 2010, 12:22:50 »

I'll be willing to give them both a try if someone will make that adaptor loom for 2013's   

FM adaptor loom not required for ANY head unit - all you need is a 12V supply - no connections to head unit or antenna are necessary

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/am-88t.html

:y

Sorry, this is the loom to make my poverty spec CD speak to the 2013 Siemens units.

I used a wired FM modulator in my old Mondeo, worked very well. But the manual switch to cut it in was a pain, be nice if it was auto (which i understand new ones are)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #31 on: 01 February 2010, 12:26:18 »

I'll be willing to give them both a try if someone will make that adaptor loom for 2013's   

FM adaptor loom not required for ANY head unit - all you need is a 12V supply - no connections to head unit or antenna are necessary

Sorry, this is the loom to make my poverty spec CD speak to the 2013 Siemens units.

I used a wired FM modulator in my old Mondeo, worked very well. But the manual switch to cut it in was a pain, be nice if it was auto (which i understand new ones are)

No, the new ones still require a switch, but if you select a frequency that is not interfered with by the radio stations you listen to, you can use the electric aerial output wire to switch it on and control it. May take a bit of experimenting with the radio frequencies, but certainly possible.

Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 February 2010, 12:32:13 »

No, the new ones still require a switch, but if you select a frequency that is not interfered with by the radio stations you listen to, you can use the electric aerial output wire to switch it on and control it. May take a bit of experimenting with the radio frequencies, but certainly possible.

Cheers, good to know!  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01 February 2010, 12:34:35 »

Might have to fit a couple of new speakers myself, passenger front has a bit of fatigue which can be heard at times. Just replacing the stock head unit to Alpine (9854R) in my case made a huge difference.

It's not a bad job. 165mm woofers fit OK with a Corsa mounting frame, a 6mm thick spacer made out of MDF and a bit of bodgery. Plenty of space in the door armrest cavity for a crossover, and you can prise the frame off the OEM tweeters and epoxy it onto new ones so they fit in the same mounting.

Wish I'd taken some pictures now, but the door card 'ain't coming off again. :(

Speakers made a big difference over the factory fit "cone material courtesy of Kellogg's" jobs. ;)

I always prefered the look and sound of Bose fit, but requirement for Aux in over rulled asthetics.

That will probably consign my 2006 to the junk box soon. 4 CDs just aren't enough.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 February 2010, 12:55:59 »

TB - a question for you regarding the CCR2006 / NCDCXXX

Knowing that not all NON-BOSE variants are able to have BOSE enabled via Tech2, can all of the BOSE-ENABLED ones have the BOSE turned off ?

:-?
All bosed ones can be set to non bose, with exception of ccr800, which has not amp chip
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #35 on: 01 February 2010, 12:59:06 »

TB - a question for you regarding the CCR2006 / NCDCXXX

Knowing that not all NON-BOSE variants are able to have BOSE enabled via Tech2, can all of the BOSE-ENABLED ones have the BOSE turned off ?

:-?
All bosed ones can be set to non bose, with exception of ccr800, which has not amp chip

Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.