Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random bulb failure warnings  (Read 757 times)

david2610

• birmingham
    • View Profile
Random bulb failure warnings
« on: 30 March 2010, 19:27:31 »

I have a strange problem suddenly I have multiple bulb warning signals in my display. Sometimes Side Light, Sometimes Headlight and Brake Light. So far all bulbs seem to work OK except for once when I noticed one of the front side lights went on and off with the head light. Now strangest of all the engine would not stop after I removed the key untill I turned the headlights off.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Regards

David

Simon72

• Intermediate Member
  • Wolverhampton
    • View Profile
Re: Random bulb failure warnings
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2010, 19:34:57 »

I have a strange problem suddenly I have multiple bulb warning signals in my display. Sometimes Side Light, Sometimes Headlight and Brake Light. So far all bulbs seem to work OK except for once when I noticed one of the front side lights went on and off with the head light. Now strangest of all the engine would not stop after I removed the key untill I turned the headlights off.
Regards

David

This sound like an Earth fault to me, if the side light is only coming on when you turn head lights on then it is getting its earth path (-ve) via the head-light.

Check your earth connections to all the lights (inc rear)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2010, 19:45:07 »

Regards

David

This sound like an Earth fault to me, if the side light is only coming on when you turn head lights on then it is getting its earth path (-ve) via the head-light.

Check your earth connections to all the lights (inc rear)

I half agree with simon .. lights problems sounds like an earth or 0 v problem .. but the key thing worries me.

Another cause of the lights problem would be chafed/damaged wires .. which would also explain the key problem .. :(

I would be very concerned about applying any power to the car until I had checked out ALL the wiring looms behind the dash THOROUGHLY .. to the extent that I would have disconnected the battery by now.

A fault could lead to a major short and a possible fire .. :(

Welung666

« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2010, 20:16:35 »

David, I'm not far from you (sunny Dudley) so if you want a hand to go over it all then I'm happy to help :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.