Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Chance of EU vote....  (Read 2356 times)

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
Re: Chance of EU vote....
« Reply #30 on: 25 October 2011, 09:58:16 »

Your wrong on one point Aaron. Quite a lot of MP,s (no telling exactly how many) wanted to vote differently,but were bullied and put under extreme pressure to vote  on Camerons line.
These three line whips are serious stuff. The whips keep their ears to the ground and have spies who report to them.They keep notes on MP,s so they can use them if need be.Its common practice to threaten to reveal extra marital affairs, out married gays, threaten to have MP,s deselected,assure them that they will never have any kind of promotion,and have even been rumoured to resort to threats of physical violence when all else fails.

In other words, we need a referendum on whether we pull out of our own political system before we worry about the one in Brussels.  >:(

In other words, we need a referendum on whether we pull out of our own political system before we worry about the one in Brussels.

That's getting nearer to the point K :y

'Brussels' is a relatively minor part of the problem – we need a complete overhaul of the political system within this country and that’s going to be very difficult, if not impossible, to achieve.

Some time ago in a reply to a political thread I suggested that this country was fundamentally broken.  Lizzie Zoom, who was a keen political commentator at the time, disagreed with my analysis of the then ails of the country – that was before the financial melt-down and the terrible black hole that is coalition government and all that that implies for the fortunes of this country.

She saw great hope for the future in the young peoples of this country – I disagreed with her at the time and still do, there seems precious little to interest many young people that doesn’t come from a screen or the glossy picture laden pages of inconsequential magazines.

We have lost control of our parliament, local councils, financial system and system of justice and its administration to an unelected body.  Foreign conglomerates control the very services we depend on for health, wealth and a stable progressive future - particularly in the provision of an energy network.

Business now rules in a way that was unthinkable years ago and its influence now affects how we go about our daily lives - an influence oriented towards the bottom line howsoever that disadvantages the very people supporting and depending upon the services of such business activities in the first place.

No, we are in the midst of a rampant bureaucracy and rabid big business both of which are determined to survive and control in any way that best suits their agenda.

We are leaderless - more so, we are considered to be of the least importance where government and authority are concerned, we are regulated and controlled in a way that saddens me by the very institutions I represented for most of my adult life.

We are led by charlatans and self-serving elitists who look no further than the sphere of their own influence and how it can be reinforced to maintain their position of power and wealth.

In relation to the OP I’m thinking  particularly of Michael Gove and all those earnest parliamentarians who appeared in the MSM spouting about the need to repatriate power back from ‘Brussels’ –“When the time was right”, - who gave it away in the first oppsing place?

Finally and almost as an afterthought – to those of my ex-colleagues who peruse my writings lest I travel too far from the Rubicon - its getting near the time when the forces of law and order started to uphold their warrant and freed themselves from being the lackeys and blunt instrument of the government of the day – and of recent administrations. 

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25 October 2011, 11:20:13 »

Seconded Den

Most people are just treated no better than drones.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

« Reply #32 on: 25 October 2011, 11:22:56 »

albitz

« Reply #33 on: 25 October 2011, 19:54:39 »

81 Tories,19 Labour, 1 Libdim, and the Ulster unionists is the tally according to sky news.

Nickbat

« Reply #34 on: 25 October 2011, 20:08:28 »

81 Tories,19 Labour, 1 Libdim, and the Ulster unionists is the tally according to sky news.

Indeed, Albs, quite a showing. I notice there is already a fresh petition in the making. Unfortunately I put the link in the other EU thread by mistake, but was unable to delete it and move it here. ;) ;)

Den makes (as always) some very pertinent points in his post above. The anti-democratic self-serving political classes have wormed their way to the top at each level, from local authority, to government...and to Brussels.  >:(

cleggy

« Reply #35 on: 25 October 2011, 23:22:03 »

Full listing at the botom of page 3 :y

cleggy

« Reply #36 on: 25 October 2011, 23:22:56 »

Full listing at the botom of page 3 :y

OOPS PAGE 2 ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.