Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you do on a plane for 14hrs ?  (Read 2180 times)

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do on a plane for 14hrs ?
« Reply #15 on: 02 March 2012, 00:17:11 »

Thanks for the advice.  :y

Sorry, I had a Ryan air flight once, I can't get it out of my mind.....................  >:( :( :o 

Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 March 2012, 07:11:36 »

Well I usually start with champagne before switching to red wine.  After the starter and a bit more red wine, comes a nice salad followed by a steak for the main.  More red wine. Then comes the dessert trolley where I sometimes skip the ice cream and go straight in to the cheese and wine with a few glasses of port.  A few drams of whiskey later and a little nap I wake up to breakfast which is normally a fruit platter with scones and clotted cream.  Once landed as I am at the front I get away straight away and act sober for immigration  :D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 March 2012, 08:59:46 »

Well I usually start with champagne before switching to red wine.  After the starter and a bit more red wine, comes a nice salad followed by a steak for the main.  More red wine. Then comes the dessert trolley where I sometimes skip the ice cream and go straight in to the cheese and wine with a few glasses of port.  A few drams of whiskey later and a little nap I wake up to breakfast which is normally a fruit platter with scones and clotted cream.  Once landed as I am at the front I get away straight away and act sober for immigration  :D
Now we know you're making it up... You've never eaten a salad in your life :P :P :D :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

mantahatch

« Reply #18 on: 02 March 2012, 09:30:16 »

Thanks for the advice.  :y

Sorry, I had a Ryan air flight once, I can't get it out of my mind.....................  >:( :( :o 

Ken

Sadly I have flown with ryan air once aswell. I will never ever ever do it again.  >:( >:(

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 March 2012, 10:23:57 »

Flown to kuala lumpur (KL) Malaysia a few times, a lot depends what time your flying out from the UK, a midday departure is nice as it gets you into Malaysia at the start of their working day, so plan your sleep time on the plane as late as possible, or if leaving the UK on a late flight ie around 22:00 to 24:00 plan your sleep early on the flight as that gets you into Malaysia mid to late afternoon, too late to do any work, so you can relax, check in, enjoy your evening and be fresh for the next day.

Coming back works the other way round, ie, leave Malaysia on a late evening flight gets you back to the UK at the start of our working day.

I would drink, but not too much, and drink plenty of water or juice on the plane. another trick is to set your watch for the destination time as soon as you get on the plane, that way your preparing the brain on local times.

Ive flown Qatar Airways, nothing like Ryan Air, their good, good food and good service, one of the better ones a lot better than Malaysian Air. Doha is about half way so its a good stop to stretch your legs for an hour or two and breaks up the journey, be prepared to pay £5, $5 or 5 Euros for a cup of Coffee though.

Not sure where you going to guessing KL, but a must is to eat out in the streets at least once rather than the Hotel, try a get some locals to take you out if possible, or venture out on your own, its a great atmosphere at night.

Might as well start saving your Air Miles from the first flight, as you will be wanting to go back there one day, good luck and enjoy your free time.

Chris.  :y :y

Edit: about 12 Hours coming back, from memory.
« Last Edit: 02 March 2012, 10:35:28 by zirk »

Jay42

• Kingston Surrey
    • Omega 3.0 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 March 2012, 11:51:48 »

Well if you got the money like a friend of mine who just paid £6000 on one those new airbus big boys for a room yes a room with a king size double bed a walk in shower and a 42" plasma tv, so with that in mind and 14 hours with the misses plenty of time for some mile high flying  :y

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 March 2012, 12:00:36 »

What do you do on a plane for 14hrs ?

Nip down the front and ask the pilot if you can help  ;D ;D

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #22 on: 02 March 2012, 12:22:15 »

What do you do on a plane for 14hrs ?

Nip down the front and ask the pilot if you can help  ;D ;D

Log onto oof and keep up with the latest news and info - that will take up at least half the flight  :D ;D ;D ;D
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.