Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: no cigs since......  (Read 5060 times)

amigov6

Re: no cigs since......
« Reply #15 on: 25 March 2008, 23:41:20 »

:y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 March 2008, 23:46:42 »

On Friday my daughter came home from school in tears ,after a bit of cuddling and being made a fuss of it transpires she'd just had a lesson on the effects of smoking. So one thing led to another i played hell with the school and now Ive stopped smoking .Simple int it  :D :D :D

If she / you want to know what really happens, ask me. :(

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 March 2008, 23:48:53 »

On Friday my daughter came home from school in tears ,after a bit of cuddling and being made a fuss of it transpires she'd just had a lesson on the effects of smoking. So one thing led to another i played hell with the school and now Ive stopped smoking .Simple int it  :D :D :D

i should have thought of that shouldn't i

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 March 2008, 23:53:39 »

To be honest though I still have my moments. :( ;)

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 March 2008, 23:56:16 »

in what way Mike

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 March 2008, 23:57:31 »

in what way Mike
Cigs, yes i know, dont go there. :)

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 March 2008, 23:59:50 »

in what way Mike
Cigs, yes i know, dont go there. :)
:y :y :y

file28

« Reply #22 on: 26 March 2008, 00:14:03 »

just rollies for me for the last 20 yrs cant afford the tailor made variety

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 March 2008, 00:47:41 »

Go for it mate, I tried stopping a few times, unsuccesfully, until one time I woke up, mouth tasted like sh*t, and I thought "that's it, no more", and I stuck to it. Been 30 years since. Its a handy drug, but you got to consider is it worth the hit now ?, or being around when your daughter gets married and has kids etc.
I fancy living as long as I can, lots of things in life still to enjoy doing, and smoking will stop me from doing that.

Ken
« Last Edit: 26 March 2008, 00:48:17 by Ken_T »
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 March 2008, 07:52:32 »

2 reasons to stop smoking.

1.   3 yrs ago my mum had hip replacement, should of been out in 2 days. as she smoked for over 50  yrs, she is 73. she was in hosp for 2 weeks, her body couldnt manage without the nicotine and made her very ill. she has been told if she ever stops it could kill her.

2.   last yr my dad was made to stop for 6 months or hosp wouldnt give him his double hernia op, he is 78. he has been smoking for 60 yrs. he said he never felt so ill when he stopped. but is now after 6 months starting to feel clean, more active and generally a lot healthier than he has felt for yrs.

my kids hassle me to pack up. i stopped for 13 weeks but the stress i was under at the time just made me start again.

richie

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 March 2008, 12:20:43 »

over a couple of years i lost both of my parents to smoking related deseases, Dad had a heart attack and mum died of cancer.

I use to smoke about 30 a day, gave up 8 years ago and haven't looked back, im not one of these reformed smokers who lectures others about the risk and possibilities, anyone who smokes knows full well the damage they are doing.
Likewise i know how bloody difficult it is to give up, the first few months are the hardest, stick at it  :y

Marie

• Omega Baron
  • Linconshire but works in oxfordshire
  • i am a hands on person, i like to get stuck in !!!
    • 2ltr LPG Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 March 2008, 12:34:01 »

I wish i could give up.

I have quit on and off for years, the hubby smokes too which doesnt help matters. he says he wants to quit but after 2 days he folds.

I have so much stress going on at the mo :( i really dont think i could do it right now. :'( :'(

i will do it but its finding the right time! i know it sounds like a cop out but i will quit soon. last time i quit i noticed the difference in days it was great i would wake before my alarm clock went off ready for the day where as at the mo i lie in bed hitting the soonze button!

« Last Edit: 26 March 2008, 12:34:29 by marie »
Now has two miggs in our house hold. Both 2.0ltr 16v lpg'd. a MFL and a FL.

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 March 2008, 13:01:34 »

I wish i could give up.

I have quit on and off for years, the hubby smokes too which doesnt help matters. he says he wants to quit but after 2 days he folds.

I have so much stress going on at the mo :( i really dont think i could do it right now. :'( :'(

i will do it but its finding the right time! i know it sounds like a cop out but i will quit soon. last time i quit i noticed the difference in days it was great i would wake before my alarm clock went off ready for the day where as at the mo i lie in bed hitting the soonze button!

it doesn't sound like a cop out to me . Mrs Zippo stopped 3 years ago i said i would stop as well when i was ready ,and last Friday i was ready.

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #28 on: 26 March 2008, 14:37:37 »

i used to smoke anywhere between 20 and 40 a day. gave up through sheer determination and willpower but events a couple of years later drove me back to the dreaded weed. after a year / few months of smoking again i went to see a hypnotherapist.

£45, one session. havent smoked since. dont miss it at all. forget all that paul mckenna stuff. hypnotherapy is a fantastic way of quitting instantly and you immediately see the financial and health rewards. pays for itself in a few days.

been a few years now. have no intention of going back. recommended the hypnotherapist to a few friends, all quit instantly. brilliant.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2008, 14:57:07 by ilovemyelite »
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26 March 2008, 15:47:37 »

i used to smoke anywhere between 20 and 40 a day. gave up through sheer determination and willpower but events a couple of years later drove me back to the dreaded weed. after a year / few months of smoking again i went to see a hypnotherapist.

£45, one session. havent smoked since. dont miss it at all. forget all that paul mckenna stuff. hypnotherapy is a fantastic way of quitting instantly and you immediately see the financial and health rewards. pays for itself in a few days.

been a few years now. have no intention of going back. recommended the hypnotherapist to a few friends, all quit instantly. brilliant.

its not something i think I'd want to try , Paul McKenna put me right off
he makes my skin crawl
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.