Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: We should all be grateful for this Forum, and the admins who give up their time.  (Read 4159 times)

STMO123

To paraphrase Ester Rantzen - Thats Life.

Use it (properly) or loose it.

Its as simple as that.   :y

Sounds like a threat to me buddy. Go on then, hit the big red button, see if we care. ;D

Not at all, by no means a threat, just a simple observation.

Its the old 'Lunatics running the asylum' bit thats at the forefront of my mind, TBH.  I, like many others, recall what OOf was like at its inception.  Friendly, informative, funny, and worth a sit with a glass/cup of your favoured beverage and browse a while.

However of late, it seems that the world has revolved somewhat and the helpfull folks that were happy to help others are now outnumbered by those keen on aftermarket air filters, LED lights, LSD diffs (coz thats where its at, innit) and similar as well as whoever shouts loudest must be right and everyone else is wrong.

And thats wrong.

But thats just me.....

:'(

Yer know what? It doesn't seem that way to me at all. I find that, if you push the right buttons, it's just the same as it always was. I walk away from time to time, a trial separation, and it hasn't changed when I return.

Now then, I suggest that we rotate the mods, give them a break now and again. I'm willing to step into the breech for a while, just to keep things ticking over........whaddayasay Broocie? ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D and people think I ruined the forum  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Don't blame yourself lad, you were led astray. Albs, Gixer, Lazytinker, Vamps, they all had a hand in it. >:(

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile

Hahaha yep, i'm up for a bit of relief work  :D

You ain't got time Webby, you have some Cam Covers to fit  ;D ;D ;D

i'd give that up for one day with the mod buttons!  :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile

Sounds like a threat to me buddy. Go on then, hit the big red button, see if we care. ;D

Its the old 'Lunatics running the asylum' bit thats at the forefront of my mind, TBH.  I, like many others, recall what OOf was like at its inception.  Friendly, informative, funny, and worth a sit with a glass/cup of your favoured beverage and browse a while.

However of late, it seems that the world has revolved somewhat and the helpfull folks that were happy to help others are now outnumbered by those keen on aftermarket air filters, LED lights, LSD diffs (coz thats where its at, innit) and similar as well as whoever shouts loudest must be right and everyone else is wrong.

And thats wrong.

But thats just me.....

Yer know what? It doesn't seem that way to me at all. I find that, if you push the right buttons, it's just the same as it always was. I walk away from time to time, a trial separation, and it hasn't changed when I return.

Now then, I suggest that we rotate the mods, give them a break now and again. I'm willing to step into the breech for a while, just to keep things ticking over........whaddayasay Broocie? ;D

Don't blame yourself lad, you were led astray. Albs, Gixer, Lazytinker, Vamps, they all had a hand in it. >:(

Is it not time you were in bed........... :P :P :P

STMO123

And thats wrong.

But thats just me.....

Yes. Good night.

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile

does that mean we can talk about him while he s gone.

scrub that,most do that while he is around. :)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile

And thats wrong.

But thats just me.....

Its actually a little early for you to be on Vamps......
Picking on an Ode Scouser you should be ashamed :D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile

Someone mention my name? ::) ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Vamps

• View Profile

And thats wrong.

But thats just me.....

Its actually a little early for you to be on Vamps......
Picking on an Ode Scouser you should be ashamed :D

Someone needs to..... :D :D :D

Vamps

• View Profile

And mine, I get the blame for everything....... :'( :'( :'(

feeutfo

Bothered? :)

Vamps

• View Profile

Bothered? :)

Well you should be, you were named as well............. :P :P

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile

I  for one is very grateful to all those that keep this forum running...it must be a very time consuming effort that is needed by all you blokes that give up your  time to do it for us.....I also love the banter that goes on with great humor between members...and the help with all the problems that we all have are answered by members wanting to help solve our problems because they love the forum as well......so to all you guys and to everyone on this forum....Thank you... :) :y

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
  • pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile

I  for one is very grateful to all those that keep this forum running...it must be a very time consuming effort that is needed by all you blokes that give up your  time to do it for us.....I also love the banter that goes on with great humor between members...and the help with all the problems that we all have are answered by members wanting to help solve our problems because they love the forum as well......so to all you guys and to everyone on this forum....Thank you... :) :y

+1
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
  • pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile

And thats wrong.

But thats just me.....

That's the funniest thing I've read all week......welcome home!  :y :y
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
  • Why drive anything else?
    • 1999 F/L 3.0 Elite saloon
    • View Profile

And thats wrong.

But thats just me.....

Hotel21. You are so, so right with that comment. I joined this forum after looking at others and was so immpressed I did so. The help I have received in the early stages of my membership was accurate and true to its subject. Now many replies are *isstaking, belittling and inaccurate or just copies (plagiarism) of someones previous post but claimed as their own. SAD people do that. Bringing back the early days would I am sure please many senior members.
I look on it as a priveledge to own a mig and not for the 'kudos' it may or may not seem to give by its design, build quality, power and beauty.
What is innit????????
Am I too old for this now?
« Last Edit: 10 March 2012, 05:05:19 by Bionic »
Too old to suffer, too young to die!
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.