Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: lane change indicators  (Read 7188 times)

Vega

• The Netherlands
    • Omega Saloon 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: lane change indicators
« Reply #15 on: 29 April 2012, 21:14:38 »

It is like this to give you an idea, this is not the PEKATRONIC module.

Put these wires on the windshield-stalk
    Contact 15 to 4 on the turn stalk
    Ground 31 to 6 on the turn stalk

Put these wire direct on the Turn-signal stalk
    Turn-signal 49a to 4 on the turn stalk
    Turn-signal right 49R to 8 on the turn stalk
    Turn-signal left 49L to 9 on the turn stalk

This is the turn-signal stalk S5.3

Like this.
« Last Edit: 29 April 2012, 21:16:15 by Vega »

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
  • pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 May 2012, 23:38:14 »

The stalk function allows holding , before a further push clicks them on until clicked off.

So i guess its a programming thing.

Although how much longer do we have to hold an arm out for three flashes, really?
Reason I think there are a good idea - how many times have you been in the outside lane, at speed, where the middle lane driver pulls out with just a single flash.

Not a problem on std BMWs of course...

Because they now drive audi's & still don't indicate?

The sprinter is a push up or down but not far enough to latch, the point we would hold it at to achieve the same thing.

It's not the logic of it being good or not, just as TB noted above, you do miss it- like one-touch raise on passenger window which the sprinter doesn't have  >:(
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 May 2012, 00:13:31 »

Considering that 3 flashes to change lane is more of a derisory 'yes I am cutting you up' signal than anything useful, why would you want such a thing?
What is so difficult about deciding you want to change lane, indicating, checking that it's safe, completing the manouver and knocking the indicator off if the self cancel didn't do it for you?
And I did suggest indicating first, as if you're paying attention to the traffic around you, you'll already have a pretty good idea if there's a suitable gap. Often you'll find the vehicle behind will move over giving you somewhere to go.

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 May 2012, 00:58:28 »

Considering that 3 flashes to change lane is more of a derisory 'yes I am cutting you up' signal than anything useful, why would you want such a thing?
What is so difficult about deciding you want to change lane, indicating, checking that it's safe, completing the manouver and knocking the indicator off if the self cancel didn't do it for you?
And I did suggest indicating first, as if you're paying attention to the traffic around you, you'll already have a pretty good idea if there's a suitable gap. Often you'll find the vehicle behind will move over giving you somewhere to go.

Reason I think there are a good idea - how many times have you been in the outside lane, at speed, where the middle lane driver pulls out with just a single flash.

It's not the logic of it being good or not, just as TB noted above, you do miss it >:(

*edits for clarity

Surely anything that adds a possible notice to other drivers can't be a bad thing?
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 May 2012, 10:07:31 »

Really don't see point in spending money on this mod?  :-\

On the motorway, just "flick" (not actually put to first setting) the indicator when moving out, I few clicks, done. Finger held for no more than 2/3 seconds?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 May 2012, 10:23:49 »

42€ for a couple of relays in a box? Someone's on a nice little earner there. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 May 2012, 10:46:46 »

Really don't see point in spending money on this mod?  :-\

On the motorway, just "flick" (not actually put to first setting) the indicator when moving out, I few clicks, done. Finger held for no more than 2/3 seconds?

It's simply a case of being used to it being there, if you just flick it as i have been doing all day in the van, you only get 1 flash, no use to anyone & quite dangerous

Much like forgetting to use the hand brake on the van having been driving auto  :-[

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 May 2012, 23:08:56 »

42€ for a couple of relays in a box? Someone's on a nice little earner there. ;)

Go for it then Kev ............ you could do your own kit!  ;) ;) ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 May 2012, 23:11:39 »

It's not difficult to hold te indicator stalk in your older Vx (or any other car), but it's something that's nice to use on cars that came out of the factory with 'lane change' indicators, SWMBO's Smart has them & they're something that you can quickly get used to.  :y :y :y

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06 May 2012, 00:23:57 »

I keep getting caught out as the daily driver has the lane change indies on it. I like it let us know how the fitting goes might do this myself
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

GmasterT

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambridge
  • does that drifting thing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 May 2012, 22:17:21 »

Its like cruise control, bit pointless untill youve had it!

I have 3 flash thing on the mondeo  :-X Im in at the mo and when I drive anything without I get annoyed! Seems expensive granted, but Im sure a clever person will work out the cheaper way soon enough  :y

dbr

• Intermediate Member
  • north east.
    • 1997. 2.5CD petrol
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 May 2012, 23:00:08 »

indicators....read ..I would like to .    The lane changer has the responsibility to make sure the change is safe.  Others should not have to slow down etc because of someone is changing lane. Signals only need to be given as necessary!! Different rules throughout the EU.

Please be aware of French new rules regarding Sat Nav  camera warnings and Breathalysers....{ you can not and carry two)

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 May 2012, 23:03:50 »

indicators....read ..I would like to .    The lane changer has the responsibility to make sure the change is safe.  Others should not have to slow down etc because of someone is changing lane. Signals only need to be given as necessary!! Different rules throughout the EU.

Please be aware of French new rules regarding Sat Nav  camera warnings and Breathalysers....{ you can not and carry two)

Any chance of that post in english?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 May 2012, 23:13:13 »

Not applic untill July  ;) ;) ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.