Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Small accident  (Read 5604 times)

aaronjb

Re: Small accident
« Reply #30 on: 14 May 2012, 16:04:40 »

So what was the official word on what you managed to do to yourself?

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14 May 2012, 19:15:29 »

So what was the official word on what you managed to do to yourself?
...and what caused the blackout? James that would seem to be more worrying. :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14 May 2012, 20:54:11 »

tremadol are the best pain killer....i no....but forget sleep...

tramadol ARE not the best pain killer as they mess with your head,they are addictive,and they are know too cause drowsiness..trust me i know...not addicted but do use them..should not be taken unless prescibed as they are a controlled drug... :y

I've not had any side effects from them at all but don't advise them to anyone who hasn't been prescribed them... SWMBO didn't get on well with them when she was on them ;)

Next step for me, according to the GP, is Morphine prescriptions which I really want to try and stay away from
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14 May 2012, 21:30:40 »

(like TB ;))
Its only pain, it goes away eventually for a while
I've spent an hour with the Osteopath tonight (not a million miles from you TB!) who's been busy sorting me out from a lifetime of 'it's only pain, it'll go away', 'I take no notice', 'I don't care how much pain i'm in, I will ride my horse' etc etc etc

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15 May 2012, 12:50:38 »

I've no idea how I did this  :-[

I was doing a few minor jobs on the MV6 this evening, as it's well overdue an oil change etc. After I'd done all the work, I somehow lost my footing. It was too late to do anything, and I went over backwards, on my tarmac drive.

Unfortunately, the very lower part of my back (Eg, just above the @rse) landed with my full body weight onto my 3 tonne trolley jack. It landed on the bit where the handle goes in  ::)

Here's the scary thing - I blacked out. I didn't hit my head at all, ini fact, I blacked out before I hit the deck.

Ten mins later I was laughing with a cuppa, but now I am in absolute agony, and the lightest finger touch in that area (oo oer) causes me immense pain.

I think I've broken the little bone in the rectal area - coxix or something?  :-\  At the moment, I'm like a bulldog who's swallowed a wasp...  :'( :D

I would be more concerned about this.........rather than my arse, James. Check it out. :y

albitz

« Reply #35 on: 15 May 2012, 12:53:30 »

Could well be that memory is lost from a few seconds before hitting the deck and blacking out,so its remembered as blacking out before hitting the deck.Quite common ime.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 15 May 2012, 13:02:42 »

Could well be that memory is lost from a few seconds before hitting the deck and blacking out,so its remembered as blacking out before hitting the deck.Quite common ime.

exactly what I Was told :)

The quack also asked me when I last ate anything. "ummmmm"  :-[

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 15 May 2012, 13:08:00 »

tramadol ARE not the best pain killer as they mess with your head,they are addictive,and they are know too cause drowsiness..trust me i know...not addicted but do use them..should not be taken unless prescibed as they are a controlled drug... :y

I've not had any side effects from them at all but don't advise them to anyone who hasn't been prescribed them... SWMBO didn't get on well with them when she was on them ;)

Next step for me, according to the GP, is Morphine prescriptions which I really want to try and stay away from

i have not either apart from if i  take 2 they will send me too sleep...BUT i am told by my doc tramadol can be sold on the black market as a reacreational drug (what ever that means!!!)
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 15 May 2012, 21:22:00 »

i have not either apart from if i  take 2 they will send me too sleep...BUT i am told by my doc tramadol can be sold on the black market as a reacreational drug (what ever that means!!!)

Nope, don't even make me sleepy unfortunately. Was on 8 a day but now down to 2 in the morning, 2 at night just to take the worst of the pain off ;)

Tramadol makes SWMBO a bit spaced out ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

marrus69

• bracknell
    • 52 mv6 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15 May 2012, 21:28:01 »

no one asked how the jack is

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 16 May 2012, 21:15:14 »

exactly what I Was told :)

The quack also asked me when I last ate anything. "ummmmm"  :-[
Had a diabeties test?

As for painkillers, you're all whimps. A bit of pain never hurt anyone ;)
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 18 queries.