Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 month to The Lakes meet  (Read 12650 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: 1 month to The Lakes meet
« Reply #45 on: 08 June 2012, 09:18:47 »

I am posting this openly and not as a PM because I feel that the comments made in the response to my post were unjustified.
Nothing was 'raked' up to be nasty or malicious, it was my personal honest and fair comment on how I feel about attending the meet and my reasons for that feeling. I expected a response in the same vein as mine, a fair one.
The response to the post has only served to prove that my feelings are justified. Strange though how the bit about my wife was raked up too. She quit because of the responses to me being on the receiving end of bullying too by that same person who it appears possibly had a protected position until the actions became far too out of control and caused the uproar that then began. Why were those comments not seen before the posts were posted? Same situation as me possibly because I too was unaware of what my wife had posted in a vain attempt to support me until I read it later and had I seen it prior to its posting I would have stopped it being posted.
Surely some of the main qualities expected in a moderator would be those of diplomacy, impartiality and also fairness for everyone regardless of their standing?
I understand what/why you are saying, irrespective of whether I agree or not.

What I am asking is for is that this is kept on that other thread - "Omega Owners Forum".  Reasons, twofold:

1) It keeps all problems/views/experiences about the current state of OOF in one place. Easy to find, rather than us trying to look over 1.2m posts to find the info to collate.
2) Having the same theme scattered all over the site is poisonous for OOF, and does more harm than you could imagine.  Under normal circumstances, I'd moderate it and take it to PM, but currently over-sensitive to being accused of trying to sweep it under the carpet.

Further similar posts probably will get moderated if not on that other thread - feel free to post your concerns there.

Thank you for you understanding.
Grumpy old man

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08 June 2012, 09:19:42 »

I am posting this openly and not as a PM because I feel that the comments made in the response to my post were unjustified.
Nothing was 'raked' up to be nasty or malicious, it was my personal honest and fair comment on how I feel about attending the meet and my reasons for that feeling. I expected a response in the same vein as mine, a fair one.
The response to the post has only served to prove that my feelings are justified. Strange though how the bit about my wife was raked up too. She quit because of the responses to me being on the receiving end of bullying too by that same person who it appears possibly had a protected position until the actions became far too out of control and caused the uproar that then began. Why were those comments not seen before the posts were posted? Same situation as me possibly because I too was unaware of what my wife had posted in a vain attempt to support me until I read it later and had I seen it prior to its posting I would have stopped it being posted.
Surely some of the main qualities expected in a moderator would be those of diplomacy, impartiality and also fairness for everyone regardless of their standing?

I don't think there's any problem with you expressing your concerns Bio, however I would suggest that the best place to do this is on the thread raised specifically to have such comments aired and discussed.

In doing so, the context of your remarks will appear to be much more relevant to those matters which concerned some in the Forum membership to the extent they obviously did;

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=103134.0

Your decision to comment on a thread about the forthcoming meeting is, in my view, misplaced as what this thread appears to provide is simply a means for those members hoping to attend the meeting to express their anticipation of it.

I have no doubt that many of the attendees (and others thinking about it) will consider the meeting to be a pleasant social gathering where the opportunity will be open for people to reacquaint themselves, one with the other, by communicating in a relaxed face to face way rather than through the internet.

05omegav6

« Reply #47 on: 08 June 2012, 10:04:57 »

Considering renting a trailer for the weekend in order to simplify the loading jigsaw  :-\III

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 08 June 2012, 10:46:20 »

Still have this meet in my sights, but not guaranteed the time off work as yet. Whilst I feel the manflu I have mysteriously contracted will be at its peak by then (cough, splutter  ::) ::)), I'm loathe to book the ferry until I'm sure I can go. Apart from the Keswick, thanks for the offer Josh  :y, will there be any spanner wielding going on? If so, is it time yet for a "can someone fix my ...... " style thread  ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #49 on: 08 June 2012, 17:47:47 »

Engine bay work is ok at Keswick, but under cars stuff is best left until Newent due to lack of hard standing to jack on in Cumbrian fields.

feeutfo

« Reply #50 on: 08 June 2012, 17:50:13 »

...and weather dependent of course.

trainmanone

• stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08 June 2012, 18:02:15 »

like i said   sicky booked  :y :y

will be there
what was that ??????

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 09 June 2012, 10:05:24 »

me wifey and doggy hope to be there ditto Newent but work has gone crazy and i would be a fool to turn it down. Wifeys booked the time off which is half the battle, doggys got some sausages saved so its all down to me.last year had bugger all now got work coming out of my ears ( strange saying that)

so hope to be there :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 09 June 2012, 11:01:52 »

me wifey and doggy hope to be there ditto Newent but work has gone crazy and i would be a fool to turn it down. Wifeys booked the time off which is half the battle, doggys got some sausages saved so its all down to me.last year had bugger all now got work coming out of my ears ( strange saying that)

so hope to be there :y
In this day and age, work must come first.

Does woofy share sausages. I like sausages.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 09 June 2012, 11:02:16 »

Oh break, is anyone coming with a big BBQ :o
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 09 June 2012, 12:01:28 »

Do we not have Bob's BBQ services?
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 09 June 2012, 13:00:42 »

oh dear that reminds me BBQ see seperate thread/post :-[ weve got one but never used it yet also cant garantee we will be there yet at the moment due to work its 50/50..plus need to get it out and see how good it is the BBQ ::)

oh yes doggy said share a sausage TB kiss my dangelberries.........which will be hard as poor buggers not got a pair :o

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 09 June 2012, 15:24:41 »

Do we not have Bob's BBQ services?

Unfortunately not Paul. :'( Bit of a busy year ahead with too many commitments and the Lakes meet weekend is the same weekend as Tim's passing out/graduation from his RAF training. Looks like a replacement OOF chef is going to be required for this weekend. ;) Hoping I might be able to get to Newent but can't say for sure just yet.
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 09 June 2012, 15:39:05 »

I have a small gas BBQ, the one used at Gaffers meet at Aldershot, I'll bring that if needed :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 09 June 2012, 16:25:28 »

I also have a small portable gas BBQ, similar to this:

I can lend it to little fatty, as I'm unlikely to attend.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.